Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, it is overpriced and all that, but I only need about 400 lbs of lead to get rid of the walkway sack. And I do not want to get bags of stuff, melt stuff, and am tired of looking around for the elusive elevator lead. (Well haven't looked that hard, but just want to get this over with).

Any of the wake companies still sell lead, or did they all decide that it was too expensive to ship and stopped offering it?

(Message edited by fbroen on April 17, 2006)
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-17-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Hey FB,

I just picked up the POP PRODUCTS bags - SICK!!! The have handles on em an can be moved / molded / shaped to fit virtually any spot on your boat.

http://www.pop-products.com/products/

Lzy
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-17-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
We have a blacksmith in North Carolina that started making lead plates last year. He sells plates for $50 each (50lbs) coated in the color of your choice.

For $65 you can get the same plate covered in rhinocoating (might not be rhino, but is hard and rubbery) of your favorite color.

The issue of shipping the plates is always the problem. Currently he has about 5,000 lbs of plates ready to go, but he doesn't ship at all--folks have to come pick up. He will deliver big orders to some of the local lakes--i.e. if you want to travel to Lake Gaston or Hyco sometime--be easy to arrange for plates to be there.

The plates are like the old LeadFoots--8"x12"x1" approx, beveled on one edge, with a handle/hole big enough for your hand.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Thank you both. NC is a bit of a hike for me just for 400 lbs. Might have to go with the bags. Everyone seems to love them, although they remind me of grandma's shopping bag.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
Find a used sporting good store and you can pick up old rackable weights for a lot cheaper than most of these folks are charging.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Rackable weights take up way more room that lead. Shot bags like the pop product are your best bet I think. Last I checked they were very competative shipped to your door.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-18-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
FB...You will appreciate those Grandma Handles (and i thought i had heard everything) when you have to carry 10 bags to the end of your dock.
Also handy for moving around in the boat for wakesurfing....etc.

If you lay them flat and interweve the stack you wont see the handles.

Thanks for the plugs guys.

Troy
www.pop-products.com
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I intend to have them hidden...just messing with you on the grandma bag. Thanks for getting back to me earlier today on price quote.

Oh, and shhh on the wakesurfing -- if my A-D-D girl hears that argument she will want stuff that is harder to move. No such slow activity is allowed to waste her time and real purpose for being on the boat -- wakeboarding...
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       04-18-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
I just got mine yesterday, the VW was a low rider on the way home from work. Can't wait to get them in teh boat this weekend.

thanks Troy!