Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 6:32 AM Reply   
I've been trying a ts front roll and having trouble with the landing. My board will come down flat on the water but my butt and lower back is still on the water. Any suggestions? Do I need a faster rotation? Wendi
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-20-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
Wendi,

What kind of inverts are you landing already? We should get together and ride. Interested in coming out to the Illinois sometime?
Ronia
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-20-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
P.S.- Your husband and kids are invited too, of course.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
I would love to ride with you. I'm not landing anything yet but close......We have been only riding once a week...so it is really hard to get stuff down.... I'm still trying my back roll(sad to say that trick just doesn't click with me. I just recently started ts front rolls and feel more comfortable with it than the back roll. Just e-mail me......
Old    sperbet            09-20-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
I'm working on mine also and have the same problem, full rotation and the board lands flat, but I usually wash out on my butt. From what I have been told recently you really need to concentrate on getting over your toes, think about landing on your toes and push the handle down toward the board with your front hand(putting it in your back pocket is how my friend describes it).
Old     (stunt3342)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
Wendi and Scott,
it sounds like ur leaving the wake to early. When i throw my frontroll i always wait until i'm at the tip of the wake, you should almost feel a kick at the top, then tuck your head like ur doing a frontflip and always try to overrotate the trick, this will put u on ur toes and just ride away. Good Luck
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Should I edge really hard at this trick? I have been edging pretty aggressively or can I take it
like a regular toeside w2w jump?
Old     (stunt3342)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-21-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
No edge hard and stand tall when u edge in don't hutch over and just wait until u hit the top of the wake
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-21-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info.....Wendi
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-22-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
Scott...where you describing your problem with a HS backroll or a TS frontroll?
Old    sperbet            09-22-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
frontroll, no probs with the backroll. unfortunately that is the only thing I'm not having any trouble with right now.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-23-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thanks Scott...I'm having similiar problems with my backroll as you were describing with your frontroll. On landing, I keep landing on my extreme heelside edge, and then slipping out and landing on my butt...then I drop the rope. I think I'm taking the roll too far away from the boat and maybe taking it too flat, thus landing like I left the wake. I think If I took it more up and really focused on driving my lead shoulder up and around, that I would get a more backwards cartwheel action (or rolling in a pipe motion) as opposed to somekind of off axis 3 gone bad with an overhead ole', which is what I think I'm doing now.

Any suggestions?
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
Andrew,

make sure to cut progressively. Do not let off your edge. Stand really tall at the top of the wake. Keep the handle in close to your stomach - easier said than done, but very important. At the take off, look over your leading shoulder. Keep your eyes open! Do all this and you'll land 'em soon
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-23-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
Oliver...great information, thank you for chimming in. When I initiate the roll, do I wait until I have completely left the wake, then look over my lead shoulder? Thanks.
Old    sperbet            09-23-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
sounds like you might be overrotating it. My friend is learning backrolls right now and has landed a few, but he sometimes has a similar problem. He throws it too hard and too early and washes out because he is flipping around too fast. Try throwing it a little later. You'll get more pop, flip slower and shouldn't over rotate. I had a hard time with them for a while and didn't really get them down until I actually made sure that I popped and then flipped. Most important thing is to just keep at it, you'll figure it out.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-27-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
TS FR

want a hard cut then at the bottom of the wake push up and "trip your board... try using your arms to throw yourself
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-28-2005, 5:23 AM Reply   
Frontroll, edge in like a crazy mofo creating tension on the rope the whole while!
HS backroll, stay holding on with both hands with your elbows tight by your side(as if they are attached to your side). Edge in this way and stay like that until you spot your landing.
My only 2 inverts
Old                11-16-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
hey there..... man if you are underrotating(landing on your butt) think about thowing 1 and a half flips....that way you will come over your toes more on the landing....

when coming in get on a hard edge for the first 3/4 of the cut then the last 1/4, flatten off your edge. at the top of the wake push "both"shoulders and your head down between your feet and think about the 1 and a half flips..... best of luck
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-18-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
This trick is best taken BIG. Seriously if you have a big wake & don't mind coming in with a head of steam then you will boot it and come around no problem. Scarcrows are the same. Set up wide and just build a hard progressive edge, at the top explode up and through the wake. As you start to come into a crow, let go with your back hand and get over your toes. Granted I do Frontrolls more like an elephant than a true front flip, it looks way cooler and feels sick when you stall it out on the way down.
Old                12-17-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
I just edge hardcore