Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    robertt            05-19-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
Well, I think I am going to make an offer on the yellow X7 at the dealer in a few days. To be honest, I wont cry if I don't get it because I want an all white one but if I can get a very good deal...then yellow is just peachy:-)

Here is what I want to know guys...what would be a great price for this boat...not a steal but something that any of you would snatch up if you were looking for a boat like this.

Here is the link:
http://driport.infiniplex.net/prev_own.cgi#cat4

scroll to the X7 at the bottom.

Stats:

2004 Mastercraft X7
about 67 hours, its a demo boat. Perfect in every way as far as I can tell. The dealer is only a mile or so from me and the owner lives three houses up...this was his "demo" boat for several months.

It has just about every option including a heater, upgraded engine, digital perfect pass, tower, racks, etc.

Thoughts guys and gals?

Like I said...I really love this boat but am having a hard time justifying something this high dollar this year...but if i can get it for a great price and not have buyers remorse then I will be all over it.

so far, they have offered it to me at $39,900.00...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-19-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
I would offer 37.5. You have to keep in mind resale. I don't think there is a big market for the DD anymore(could be wrong).
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
take it for sure man!!!! i payed 55k for my ssv launch(6,000 for gravity games package)so like 49k stock and id say the x7 is comparible somewhat
Old    robertt            05-19-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Hmm, what is a DD? I think I will offer 38k and they have to store the trailer for free until I sell the boat....but will wait for a few more of your responses.

I am closing on the sale of my old home Monday...so thats the push. Either I want to put the equity into something long term or a toy...hmmmm
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
I think 38K and free trailer storage is a decent deal. A DD is direct drive. Versus v-drive.
Old    robertt            05-19-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
Hmm, what is a DD? I think I will offer 38k and they have to store the trailer for free until I sell the boat....but will wait for a few more of your responses.

I am closing on the sale of my old home Monday...so thats the push. Either I want to put the equity into something long term or a toy...hmmmm
Old    robertt            05-19-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
Sorry for the double post.

Ahhh...DD...didnt put two and two together.

Does anyone know what an 05 would cost..same options???? Again, if you got a decent deal.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-19-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
"take it for sure man!!!! i payed 55k for my ssv launch(6,000 for gravity games package)so like 49k stock and id say the x7 is comparible somewhat"

Wow! Did they at least give you a reach around to go with that?
Old    robertt            05-19-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
Is there anywhere that will give us "invoice" for new boats? NADA, KBB, and Edmonds all do it for cars and trucks...but not boats.

It would really help to figure out how good of a deal something is.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-19-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Center engine direct drive. The market has pushed more toward the V drive.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-19-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
dealer invoice prices are well-protected secrets in this industry. also consider that engine break-in is usually not done exactly by the book on demo boats.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-19-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Comparable is a Malibu I-Ride brand spankin' new in the color of your choice sitting on a tandem trailer with 0 hours at $35k+/-, probably $42k+/- out the door. Yellow boats are sometimes harder to sell, they definately narrow the buying field from a resale stanpoint, but they look great on the water.