Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (markster)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
I just purchased a pair of Fusion Tower Speakers for my 2002 Mastercraft X-10. It has a stock clairon audio system, and I was wondering what amp would be good. I am looking for a solid, but relatively inexpensive amplifier. I am very unexperienced at the car and marine audio thing so if you could tell me what i need that would be great.

I need an amp and a way to have a separate volume control for the tower speakers.

Thanks for your help.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-17-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
I am fairly satisfied with my Hifonics ZX6400 running into two tower speakers, about 350 watts per side. They sell on e-bay for about $225.
Old    masterwake            04-17-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
I have the Fusions as well, and they sound great. The fusions need 200 watts RMS per channel to perform at their optimum level. Amps have a max, and rms rating. As a rule of thumb rms is typically 1/2 of the max rating. Also, amps are typically advertised for their max output-so "1000 watt amp" actually means 500 rms. I have a Rockford X-2 powering mine and it's a perfect match. Check on ebay sometimes you can get a good deal on them.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-18-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
Ben. I hooked up my Fusions yesterday. 3 words OH MY GOD! I was really happy with them. The sound is crisp. I debated about adding another amp in my boat just for the Fusions and decided not to because I should be getting a new one next year and did not want alot of stuff to take out. I have an Orion 7005 pushing my whole system. I hooked up the Fusions on the rear channel and they are getting 100 watts per side. Just 100 watts and the speakers were very loud. I was turning it up about half way lastnight and my wife came out of the house saying "turn it down" turn it down". Anyway I was really impressed how the speakers sounded at 100 watts per side.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-18-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
I have the fusions too and run them with a Kicker 450.2 (225RMS @ 2Ohms) per side. Very clear and crisp.