Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       06-23-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Anyone been out there yet? I hear its supposed to be epic. Just wondering cuz I'm goin out there monday thru fri. starting the day after tom. so I'll let you know how it is. I'm actually having someone on our boat to teach me some good stuff. If anyone has any info on it let me know, I'd like to know what I'm looking forward to.

Peace,
Corey
Old    mobster            06-23-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
Video of Carlsbad Lagoon with Collin Harrington Nick Taylor, Reed Hansen ,Josh Sleigh www.mobgroup.tv/grinchmobile.html
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-23-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Carlsbad Lagoon is awesome. One of our favorite places to go. Josh Cantor and his crew make you feel so at home and we always can't wait to go back again. You are in for a great time!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
I drove by that place during a business trip down south. That place looks sweet. The water sure was flat.
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-23-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
Hey Corey, I just moved down to the area and have been looking for a pull. Do you think I might be able to squeeze one in sometime during the week? Thanks,

Kevin
925-997-8909
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       06-24-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Hey Kevin, I totally wish i could help you out but this trip doesn't look good. I'll tell you what though, next time we head on up there ill hit u up.

Heres my cell (corey)
805-504-5416

Looking forward to it.
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-26-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
i drive by the lagoon everyday and the water is always smooth, no matter what time of day it is.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-26-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
You should have seen Scott Byerly and Aaron Reed out there today doing a photo shoot.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       06-28-2007, 12:05 AM Reply   
just got back cause we had to leave early. the trip was AMAZING. my 3 yr old bro got up alone. Ill give more details and pics later since it late and were headin up to Naci tomorrow.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
aight so heres my thoughts on Carlsbad Lagoon.

First I'll tell ya bout the water. The whole time I was out the water was awesome. The only rollers we got were the one we made ourselves. Them temp was pretty average. Refreshing I could say beacuase it was pretty damn hot. It was ocean water so it was chilly for the first 5 seconds or so but really easy to get used to.

Pretty much all they had to ride as far as boats go were mastercrafts. Rode behind the x-15 and the x-2. Pretty bad verall. wake was Awesome, they had all the equipment. I was satisfied, especially for the price.

The intructors were awesome. Not criticizing at all. they were only there to help. Getting more HS tricks down now because of them (because I naturally started TS tricks, and it never changed) Now I feel more comfortable HS than TS just from little tips that don't seem like they'd make a difference, but actually do. Just an overall awesome place. Definately hittin them up again.
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2007, 11:46 PM Reply   
if you guys are looking for pull check out the Freeride Fridays that Wakesports puts on down there. They start around 3 or 4 i believe and go on till the sun goes down. its 20 dollars to ride and they boats and boards/bindings to demo as well. The crew down there is awesome. Check it out. and kevin i noticed that you have a 925 number where are you from?
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-05-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Originally I'm from Danville, but I spent the last five years in San Luis Obispo going to college and now I graduated and moved down to San Diego. Thanks for the heads up about the riding, I'll check that out for sure.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-05-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
duno, I'm coming down next month(11th-19th) for the Canyon Comp & staying in Newport for a week. We should try & get a ride in at C-bad. Maybe salt water will be good for your girly ankles.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-05-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
I just moved out on the lagoon a couple months ago. I love it. Butter. - My roommate has an old 2001 that we run in the mornings before work... It'd be cool to meet some of the other riders out there - I make a good third too - so here's my number - 913 908-8081

-Matt
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-05-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hey Matt, we will be down there tomorrow for "Free Ride Fridays" Hope to meet you there!
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-06-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
I'll be working fast and furious to get out of work early!