Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Pics came out nice Woody.

Alex, nice pics! That lake out west looks beautiful.

Even though the Delaware river has grown in popularity with the wakeboarding crowd, it's nice to have so many with the same common interest who respect each others space on the water. I believe we are starting to seriously out-number some others, which is a good thing.

Now if we can just educate the clueless ones out there about power-turns, the world would be a much better place. :-) :-)
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-16-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
Any riders on Saturday?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
"Now if we can just educate the clueless ones out there about power-turns"

You aint kidding. We were out tonight and at first the water was a real sheet of glass without a single ripple in it. Then around 5:30 some boats came out to wakeboard and what a pack of power turning jackass's. All in all it was a great day with a few big crashes and head hits. We also introduced another guy to wakeboarding.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-16-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
Hey Jim we were out tonight also. We rode up by Bordertown and did not see anyone out. We rode mostly right off florence dock. I thought the conditions were a little bad.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
that is pretty cool that lyman and amber were there filming in our river..

i've been watching PULL (thru 13 episodes) and lyman just goes HUGE in every pass. incredible rider. were they actually filming for Push Process, or were they just riding?? i don't see any camera equipment...

amber's necklace is a wakeboard handle, that's pretty tight!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
George, we were up by the powerplant. I think we got out of the water at about 7. The conditions at 2 were epic though, awesome. Then the wind picked up and we had periods of glass and chop. All in all, I thought we had really good conditions.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
Justin, they were definitely filming on tuesday when we saw them, I assume wednesday also. Some of the time the camera crew was in the chase boat which was lines-end wakeboard school's nautique. Their plan was to ride the Hudson river on thursday to get some shots with the statue of liberty in the background.

Will be cool to see the video with the Bordentown area and other NJ locations in it.

(Message edited by njskier on August 17, 2007)

(Message edited by njskier on August 17, 2007)
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
Wish I could've made it out w/ you guys today Alex, it looks like perfect weather! NExt time, for sure!
Had a great time yesterday though. Was great meeting new some new people and gettin in the water. Thanks again Dave!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
Well, we were up early on Saturday, and we met Justin & Michele at the Bordentown ramp at 6:00am.
But since it was so ridiculously windy and because we had to pull-out by 10:00am anyway, we didn't even
bother to launch. We ultimately ended-up cruising down to Avalon to ride and hang with Karen, Kevin
and Doug. Connor was riding hard and ended-up taking a scary hard fall, but over-all it was great to
be back at The Shoe. A thousand thanks yous, with extra cheese, to Kevin & Karen.

While on the water in Avalon I got a call from Ryan at San Bar inviting me up to the Gerry Nunn clinic, but
with the clinics being on Monday and Tuesday, regretably, I had to pass on what I'm sure would have been
a good time.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 12:31 AM Reply   
Anyone planning on goin out Fri afternoon or sat am??
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 12:38 AM Reply   
Heres a couple pics from last week.

butta
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_3780.jpg

nurse jim
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_3808.jpg

cwb bindings.. waiting to hear from cwb on this one...
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_3799.jpg

and fwiw,
I have no idea how the hell to post pics w/o using the sites uploader....
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-21-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
we went out saturday and braved the wind. We rode up by the manor and had a decent run. We were done by noon.

Not sure how the river is going to be with all the rain we have been getting. It was nice not having to worry about floating objects.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Damn I'm a sexy nurse.

Chris, Photoshop 7.0. I'll give you a copy.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-21-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Hey Jersey Crew!
I've been in the midst of zig zagging myself all over the county for work over the last three weeks and while it has been fun, it also kept me out of boats. No Fun.

I just got back home Monday and was crossing my fingers to ride but Ma Nature didn't hook it up.

So now I've my eye on riding at Worlds since June and I;m going in with not as much boat time as I'd hope. But then again, it would have been way less if people here didn't graciously hook me up: Alex,Dorreen, Connor, Brian, Dave and Kyle, Doug, Charles, Ryan Sorensam, Kevin and Karen, Justin and Michelle Jim Mariani and Tim from Glyde all helped me get my fever stoke for riding more satisfied than it's ever been.

I'm off to Reno to rep for our Jersey Riders crew at the worlds contest. I hope I do well so I can share the stoke with our posse! And if I don't, then I blew it and we should never discuss it again!

(Message edited by summerryder on August 21, 2007)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Go get 'em JB. I'd wish you luck, but since luck is where preparation meets opportunity, you already have
all the "luck" you need for success. Are you going to the Reno Transgression premiere on Friday night?
If so, I'd be much obliged if you'd pass-along my regards to Ronn, Dorothee, Randall, Matt Manzari
and the Sidewayz gals Elanna, Emily and Angel.
And while you're rollin' in Reno, a good chunk of us will
be rippin' up Raystown. http://www.raystownresort.com/fun.htm Then following Raystown
it will be a week of relaxation at 60 Sylvia, including some mid-week tows to Bordentown.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2007, 2:42 AM Reply   
Good Luck JB! Keep us posted on how things are going.

As for the cwb binding issue, I heard back from them and as I expected, they're sending me out a new heal wrap CWB definitely rocks when it comes to customer service. Its things like this that keep you going back to a certain company :-) Looking forward to riding with a tight left binding again soon :-)
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Any riders in Btown this weekend? Looking for a crew.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
We are planning on going out Saturday morning with the family. Maybe we will see you out there.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-25-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Anyone going out Sunday morning?
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
I can put my boat in on sunday morning, if we get three...Dave M, me, anyone else? Can start as early as necessary.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-25-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Cant go out any more tomorrow, have to run up to vermont. You guys will probably see me down there more often now. Start fire school next week which is all day Sat and I am not going to drive up to Wallenpaupack for 2 hours of good water.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
hey whats up everyone been kinda out of the loop lately anyone goin out and needs a rider let me no
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
yo JB, how bout them BIRDS

Lil Early...your up 3
Pits BAll!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
27 to 13, 21 Seconds left....
Watch out fo the Patriots " Huck o'Buck"....
For Whatever that means...
Old     (ej311)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Looking for a pull in Bordentown sometime. I have a NJ State police certificate/license and experience driving my old 1978 mastercraft.

I actually live in Bordentown and can be available with short notice. Thanks!!

-ej
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       08-30-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Any Bordentown action planned for this holiday weekend? Have board will travel
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-30-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
I can only imagine the rivers gonna be packed during the holiday weekend. Water might be good around 6am, haha.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Just wanted to make a shout out to Brian(eustace) who is going in for surgery tomorrow morning to mend a fractured Fibula. Best of luck man, were thinking of ya! Get better soon!

KG
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
Good luck Brian. What happened to Brian?
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
I am looking to put my supra in at Btown this weekend in the morning...any interested riders?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Good luck with operation! I guess you are getting the work done at Doylestown? I had my leg done there years ago with a Dr Whitaker and he was great.
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
I will go out each day, if I have the riders...sat,sun,and mon
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-31-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
Good luck with the operation, Eustace! Total bummer that your injury is that severe, but I know you'll pull through and heal-up in record time.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
ouch... that is one of those injuries that scares me b/c I cant even imagine how bad it must hurt when it happens! Get better soon bro!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
On a side note... had a good session tonight! Water was similar to that of something on deadliest catch at times, but did locate some good water.. which btw is cooling down quickly imo, haha. I'm definitely NOT ready for winter!!!
Got a new trick down, ... olie backside 180... or whatever you wanna call it :-) Always fun to learn something new. Now if I can just start learning ts w2w's!!!
Jim, let me know when Moes face gets feeling back from those faceplants, lol.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-01-2007, 3:56 AM Reply   
Ryan' what time are you going out Sunday morning? Call my cell today because I'm out of state all day today. If I get back early enough tonight I'll come ride with you tomorrow. 609-280-5195.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-01-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
Anyone want to ride monday? I'll be back from MD sunday night and could give some pulls monday.
Call my cell.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
hmmm, might be interested depending what time you go out dave. I might be able to sneak in a few hours if you do mid day.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-01-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone! Thanks so much for the well whishes.. Surgery went well in by 8am and home by 2 and I’m feeling good all things considered.

For those of you who don’t know the details, I came up a bit short on TS 180 and broke my fibula about an inch above the ankle. At the time it really didn’t seem like much more then a sprain but the x-rays proved different.

Thanks again, Brian, aka: Eustace,,,,,, ska: B-Rad ha ha ha!
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
I want to go Sun and Mon morning...can start as early as 7 AM...email me if interested
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-01-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Hope you get well soon B.

Look at the bright side, at least the season is almost over.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-01-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
Eustace, glad to hear the surgery went well. How long will you be out of work, and I assume wakeboarding will be out of the question until next spring? If you need any help later with boat winterizing let me know.

Ryan, I'll be at Bordentown ramp around 8am monday with my boat, so I'll count you in.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-01-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
Oh, and it looks like Ryan got the 1000th post!
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-02-2007, 1:55 AM Reply   
see you monday at 8
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave,

I’ll have a better idea of what my rehab timeline is on Sept 10th.

As for work, I plan on going back this Tuesday, so I’ve only really missed two days.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-02-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
Eustace, I'm very sorry to hear about the end of your summer. Glad to see your ok and in good spirits. Like Dave said if I can help in any way just ask.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-03-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
1000+ posts...NICE!
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2007, 2:23 AM Reply   
Looking to board on Sat and Sun at 8 AM this week...need riders
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
hey ryan im down for ridin sat. if you got room!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
Ryan, Im good for sat and maybe even sunday bro. Still have some room?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-06-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Ryan: Low tide this Saturday is at 8:16am and on Sunday it's at 9:08am. When pulling-out I put at least an
hour-and-a-half to two hours between me and low tide. Launching is a bit more forgiving, but still dicey.
Something to think about.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
you goin out at all this wknd alex?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-07-2007, 4:13 AM Reply   
We have to go to a wedding on Saturday, so we've been tossing-around the idea of going out Sunday, but
the current weather forecast for Sunday is not good. So for now we're in a wait-and-see position.
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Alex - if you go out Sunday and need ballast let me know!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Ryan any update for Sat??
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
On a side note, let me know if any of you guys are interested in picking up some collinite wax for the boats. Dave, I know I went over this stuff with you when we were out last. But for anyone else, collinite makes some killer waxes. I use them on all of my winter details and any time I know a vehicle is going to be in less than optimal conditions if its driven every day. Very durable, quality waxes. I'm placing another order with them this upcoming week and can throw a case of their fiberglass boat wax on there if anyones interested. I can order anything off their site really, just dont want to sit on the marine specific stuff (ie: fiberglass cleaner, wax, marine wax, etc) I'd need to get rid of the whole case to you guys though, so I'd need to dump all 12 pints. I'll obviously discount it heavily for you guys. Should come in at 12-13 a bottle. Lemme know..
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
We went out today,Sunday. The weather was great and hardly any boat traffic. We started at 9 and ended at 3. We saw Alex and Papa Lef out on the water. I am sad to say this was probably the last really warm day. I looked at the extended forcast next week looks like rain coming.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-09-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hollar-

First weekend not spending time on a boat since at least the end of may and it was sort of weird and i did not like it one bit, even if i can't ride anymore i wish i was on the water.

I am glad to hear George, Alex, and Pops got out on the water. i spent my time studying and celebrating my mothers birthday. i am going to hope that george was wrong in his prediction for the end of warm weather. Eitherway haven't checked in a while, so i figured would.

Anybody have anything new going on, where you at Jim, Jeff, Johan, anybody else. B-rad you find that pocket yet. Justin whats new?

Doug

(Message edited by scilost on September 09, 2007)
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-09-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
hey doug whats up! ive been kinda out of ridin for awhile, i went home, then my kid came to visit me 4 2 weeks then a buddy from flordia came up to chill, then ive been doin alot of training at work for jan. but im tryin to get out with jim but im workin days from 630 to 630 so its hard.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-10-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Doug
What's up man? Everythings cool here. Been working my tail off at work sucking up overtime. I've been lucky enough to catch some really nice days on the water during the week when no ones out there. Summer might be over but riding season lives on. I'll be out this week again while everyones at work.

We need an end of the year ride and raft up in the next week or two.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-10-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Hey Doug! You're always welcome on the X-star anytime........but....can't ride anymore??? What's up with that? Please explain.

George, hope it stays warm for a bit longer, even if we do need rain badly. Drove past the river at 11am today.........glass!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-11-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Looks like people have been busy, that is a good thing i guess,

i am jealous of Jim getting all the good water every week.

Johan whats is going on in January that you are training for??

Dave I had an MRI and found out that I chipped a bone in my foot, fractured another part of the bone, and have a torn ligament as well. Doc's got me in a boot until October to see if it can heal itself, however there is a pretty good chance of me going the route that brian took. Oh well.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-11-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
Doug
Sorry to hear about your foot. Was it done boarding? I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your 100% for the spring.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-11-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Anyone want to ride tomorrow, I'll be on the river starting at 1:30pm. Give me a call on my cell or email me if you want to ride.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-11-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
Well now it looks like we are starting at 11 am instead if anyone wants to ride.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-11-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
i got combat training goin on im goin to the desert early jan.

jim, hey i dont think im gona make it tomarrow? im gona try but depends if your still out when i get out of training. but ill be callin you soon as im done! hope i can atleast get one last ride in b4 i cant anymore, i got this fri. sat. sun. off if anyone gots room?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Haven't posted in a while, but I was bored at work today so reviewed some stats and have determined the following...

I put nearly 150hours on the boat this summer over 16 weekends
about 9.3 hours per weekend
about 4.5 hours per day (sat/sun)
about 15 gallons of fuel per day
about 30 gallons of fuel per weekend
about 480 gallons of fuel for the summer
about $2.85/gallon
about $1365.00 in fuel
I guess you could say we did a little riding!

So how is everyone? Looks like the river is hopping!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-12-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
For the most part the river was bad today except for the piece of flat water we found on the Philly side just south of the steel mill. We ran down that whole right side and the water was awesome.The water is still warm.

KG I wish I only burned 15 gallons a trip. With 4 people and about 5 hours on the river I'll burn 20 to 25 gallons easy.

On another note I ran into Dooreens friend today. The guy that has that little Seadoo fakeboard boat just bought a black and white Malibu. Looks like a 20 footer. Still power turning all over the river as always. New boat same bad driving.
I should be off next Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday and riding maybe 2 of those days if anyone is looking to ride. I'll keep you posted on the days.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
I think we put about 75 hours on our boat this year. We usually use about 15 gallons per trip.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-13-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Jim, Did you wave to my friend "Doreen" style?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-13-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
So this year we had a few major injuries which landed our guys in the hospital. Brian, Alex, and Doug.
It's that hard core riding to excel to the next level!
Alex has pretty much healed, hopefully Brian and Doug will be ready in time for some dry suit action!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Doreen-
Given the bill i just got from the doctors, and what I did all summer, I don't think it would be a good idea to stop now, call me stupid but it is not winter yet.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
KG I wish I only burned 15 gallons a trip. With 4 people and about 5 hours on the river I'll burn 20 to 25 gallons easy. Efficiency Jimbo, heavily weighted efficiency...plus we didn't fall much!
Actually as I thought about it more, I ran more weight in the boat this summer then any previous summer. Ultimately we are running 1500-1700lbs depending on the fuel level, plus people (3-5). I guess the constant cruising is what really helped. I dunno, must be doing something right!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-13-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
With the off-season fast approaching, we're trying to jam-in as much boat time as possible before it gets
too cold. We're watching this Saturday's weather closely and we may take a shot at hauling to Bordentown.
With low tide at around 1:15pm we can launch as late as 11:15/11:30 and still be ok. Hopefully the morning
rain will have ended by then and hopefully there won't be too much river debris. My knee is still a little
jacked-up from last weekend, but I should be good to go again by Saturday.

Jim's right. We should try to get everyone and all boats out again one more time before the season ends.
Probably the sooner the better too. Anyone have any dates in mind? I have to check my Saturday work schedule.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2007, 4:32 AM Reply   
Wow, all boats??
Alex, Kevin, Brian, Dave, Jim B, George, Woody, Ryan, did I miss anyone?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-14-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Alex this Sat is to short notice for me because I'm already going into work in a few hours for 4 straight over nighters. The 10 day shows next Sunday to be sunny and 80. Maybe a good day for a last get together.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2007, 5:14 AM Reply   
I can try to take off next Saturday from work. Would be cool to have one last group session
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
Lets do it before the temps drop out the bottom. We could launch early and then do a lunch raft up in the cove or just outside the channel depending on the water conditions and boat traffic.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
huh? I don't think he know about the blastmasters...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-15-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
Dave Williams...Moderators...Please kill Tim Cameron's post!