Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-06-2013, 10:09 PM Reply   
Just one video this time. I know I keep putting my hands one over one under and I catch myself quite a bit, other than that what else can I focus on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oi97K6IpDA
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-06-2013, 10:58 PM Reply   
You're obviously just beginning and that's cool but, tell your driver to hold a straight line. Looks like he keeps turning for no reason. Also, pick up the speed until the wake cleans up. Once all of that happens, you can add some weight and get a bigger wake. Don't rush it. Try to get comfortable first. Then worry about the wake size.
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-06-2013, 10:59 PM Reply   
First you are going way too slow. The wake is washed on both sides and it is really difficult to cut when you are going that slow. Second just start to feel out both your heel edge and toeside edge. Really carve and have fun. Then progress into jumping. Do your best to work both sides of the wake as it will be much easier to learn tougher tricks if you are capable on both sides of the wake.

Jeff
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2013, 3:49 AM Reply   
You need to relax your arms and lean against the line.Stop pulling with your arms.Don't bend at your waist.Keep your hips pushed forward while your lined up on the board.Your body should be very close to straight from your knees to your shoulders when your just riding. When your edging [leaning on your heels or your toes] it will change slightly.The speed of the boat doesn't matter when your building your foundation,as long as your comfortable with it.Once you get to jumping and clearing wakes you'll need a clean wake on both sides.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-07-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
Go a little faster till that wake cleans up. Are you riding a ronix parks?
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-08-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Once again, thanks for the advice guys. It sounds like I should be leaning back away from the boat? Isn't that going to take even more weight off of my front foot?

Riley that is an old Hyperlite Motive 140.