Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    ill_rider            03-02-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
I have DD boat and would like to install a Simi auto system for 2 fat sacks, one on either side of the motor box. I would like to use 4 Rule aerator pumps as I can get a discount. My Fat Sacks are two yeas old and have 3 waterbed fittings.

I would like to install the empty pumps directly to the fitting at the bottom of the side (back) panel. I will use one of the top fittings for empty and the other for vent.

I would like to T into the intake hose and install the fill pumps directly to the raw water pump.

Does anyone know which module would be best to use in either application? I am thinking the 700’s would be enough. Through hull for the sacks and threaded (npt) for the fill? Will two 700’s (or 1100’s) be too much for the raw water intake?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
wha tkind of boat do you have? I've heard of some people having issue with filling off the intake hose, especially when the boat is underway. My exp is the 700 fill/drain very slow. The 1100 has worked great for me and I've been very pleased. What is everything going to cost you (approx)? valves, pumps, fittings, ect..
Old     (eddie1173)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
We use A Rule 2000 pump & it fills 3 550's in no time at all. My friend had his ballist fill system ran threw the raw water pump off the motor & had some problems. I wounden't do it. The 2000 pump fills & drains so fast that its not a headache to fill & drain manualy.
Old    ill_rider            03-02-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Adam - it’s an 87 Baja direct drive (Indmar 351). I have not priced everything yet but I want to keep price and modifications to a min. as I plan on upgrading in a year or so. I am hoping to stay under 200, I do no think this will be a problem.

Edward - so you are recommending I make a "manual" pump from a rule 2000.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quen, I think you'll have a hard time staying under 200$ using four pumps. What kind of price are you getting on the pumps? I would just go w/ two pumps, one to fill and one to drain.

I think Edward was saying that its not worth the hassle of installing an auto ballast system b/c the 2000 fills the sacs so quick.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Edward

How fast does a 550 with the Rule 2000?

Also how do you drain them?

Old    ill_rider            03-02-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
Adam - you could be correct but I was planning on being resourceful (cheep). The only pump I priced was the 205FC and I was quoted 28 or so (don’t have it in front of me). Basically it was at cost, it is through an industrial pump dealer I do business with.

The reason I was leaning away from the 205FC is I though I could more easily connect a through hull type pump with ¾ straight thread to the sack. I think the 1100’s are 1” inlet and the 700’s are ¾?
Old     (eddie1173)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quen- To make a really good ballast fill & drain system there's alot of ways to do so but all invalve you to but a hole or two in the hull of your boat. It's nice to be able to flip a switch but there's always a down side to every thing. After i saw a boat sink the end of last summer I have been rethinking putting unwanted holes in my boat.

Scott- The rule 2000 pump only takes like 2 or 3 minute to fill a 550.
Old     (eddie1173)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Thank you Adam thats what i was trying to say.
Old    ill_rider            03-03-2005, 5:46 AM Reply   
Edward do you have the model # for the 2000 you use please, thanks.
Old     (eddie1173)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-03-2005, 6:46 AM Reply   
Here's a link where i bought the pump from but you might beable to find the pump by it self a little cheaper. Its a Rule 2000. I'm thinking thats the model # But when i go ride this saturday I'll look at it to see if there's any other numbers on it.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/wakeboard_boat_ballast_pumps
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-03-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
http://www.cgedwards.com/Rule/rule01.html

check these out!
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-04-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
I bought several Rule pumps last year from this guy www.livebaitlarry.com , he is set up for people buying these pumps for fishing bait tanks, but they're the same pumps. Here is his link for the Rule 2000 (model 207F)
http://www.livebaitlarry.com/high_output_pumps.asp the Rule 2000 for $96
Old    ill_rider            03-04-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Thanks again guys, I think in my situation simple is better. 207F is what I was looking for, can’t wait for it to warm up.