Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-05-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
don't post much, maybe this is already out there. but i figured this should get some attention.

Check the picture MC has on their facebook page, is that a pointed bow? my first thought is: "Because of the x45 lawsuit?"
Attached Images

Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-05-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-05-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Check the new video on the MC website. It is still a pickle fork bow, but much more extreme then the last version and not as attractive in my opinion. It has that over the top MB Tomcat23 look to it. Maybe from the side it gives the look of a traditional bow.

http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/media/xstar

Screen shot of bow:
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-05-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamighazi View Post
don't post much, maybe this is already out there. but i figured this should get some attention.

Check the picture MC has on their facebook page, is that a pointed bow? my first thought is: "Because of the x45 lawsuit?"
That is an insanely long bow. Yuck.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-05-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
They should chop off 12 inches... Much more practical IMO and not changing the running surface. It would be good for spearing tubes and forking those pesky jet skiiers though. You may send people to the hospital picking them up from the dock
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-05-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
I like it, that thing will be a dry ride when you are turn into rollers.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-05-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Don't care what boat you have, if you can't keep people in the boat dry when going over rollers, probably shouldn't be driving a boat. It does have that MB feel
Old    sperbet            01-05-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
fugly
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-05-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Don't care what boat you have, if you can't keep people in the boat dry when going over rollers, probably shouldn't be driving a boat.
+1,000

I still can't tell how I feel about this boat.... one thing I hate is that with all of technology we have, a company still can't make a boat that doesn't require MORE BALLAST.... When will we have a boat that is out of the box and ready to ride from day one.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2012, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
+1,000

I still can't tell how I feel about this boat.... one thing I hate is that with all of technology we have, a company still can't make a boat that doesn't require MORE BALLAST.... When will we have a boat that is out of the box and ready to ride from day one.
I think that is a personal preference. Most of the people that buy wakeboats don't technically need more than stock ballast to do the majority of the tricks out there.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
one thing I hate is that with all of technology we have, a company still can't make a boat that doesn't require MORE BALLAST.... When will we have a boat that is out of the box and ready to ride from day one.
Try an MB out.

Good Lord, that X-Star is ugly. One of the main reasons MB phased out their 23 Tomcat is because of the wasted length of the extra long pickle forks. Anybody notice the ridiculous wavy shape of the windshield?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
I dont think the first picture is a picklefork.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-05-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
Clearly the new X Star has so much technology that with e flip of a switch you can go from a traditional bow to a pickle fork!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-05-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
Don't care what boat you have, if you can't keep people in the boat dry when going over rollers, probably shouldn't be driving a boat. It does have that MB feel
Who wants to be dry in a boat? I purposely soak the people up front who want to block my view while driving. Always gives me a good little laugh.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-05-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
Neat, a MasterWakeCraft
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-05-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Can't believe nobody has pointed out all three of the huge sacks in the bow of the screen shot. Of course the wake is gonna be mackin if ur running that weight. I wonder if they have the fly high sacks under the front seats as well?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-05-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Thats a load of ballast in the bow!

I find it ODD that they would allow an image like that to be in the public eye.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-05-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Can't believe nobody has pointed out all three of the huge sacks in the bow of the screen shot. Of course the wake is gonna be mackin if ur running that weight. I wonder if they have the fly high sacks under the front seats as well?
Hahahaha! +10

In fairness it was a prototype maybe it had no ballast yet
Or maybe their marketing department slipped one thru
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-05-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
I zoomed in on my phone and it looks like the sack in The floor goes all the way back into the cabin then gets big and takes up all the cabin floor! Or is it just me? Lol
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-05-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
Which video is that from?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-05-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
That is a ton of ballast. Remeber though, the center section is now that filp up seat deal so no sac sitting there. Still a lot of bags. Even if the boat had 2500 factory ballast (which it obviously does not), the pros would still throw in more sacs!

GD, I assume its from the new Rewind video. On the link I posted, its the first video from the left.

I agree that it would look alot better if they shortened those forks by about 12-18" The bow is too long.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-05-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Ahh your correct I guess that is what I was looking at the cabin still looks full as well though.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-05-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
so if they're sticking with pickle fork, then why are they talking about taking that boat to a boat show? Why would they even build that bow?
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-05-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
I think they switched from the pickle. If you look on thier facebook they commented to someone that the boat went back in for some tweeks due to dealer feedback. JMO
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
there's a pic of a Tige X2 on another thread that also looks like a pointed bow from the side.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
lol, sorry RZ2.
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-05-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
That is a pickle asked and answered on MC Facebook page.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2012, 10:57 PM Reply   
Thats the greatest optical illusion ive ever seen then. It should be on that optical illusion show.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-06-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
I have been staring at that first picture for 10+ minutes, trying to figure out how that is a pickle fork... If you look on the site, it shows three seatbacks on the bow, but in the picture I only see one...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-06-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
I'm starting to think it's a traditional bow as well! If not that's one good illusion!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-06-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Look at the angle of the pic as well, it's not even 100% straight on from the side. It has to be traditional bow. I'll be AMAZED if it's not.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-06-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Look at the angle of the pic as well, it's not even 100% straight on from the side. It has to be traditional bow. I'll be AMAZED if it's not.
I agree, I zoomed in on the pic and the rub rail is solid all the way to the point of the bow. At the angle of the pic you would be able to see the back/left pickelfork if it actually was a pickelfork.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-06-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
If you zoom in you can actually see the other pop up cleat on the port side.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-06-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
It's an illusion. Look at the kink in the keel up to the bow. It's a fascinating illusion, but it is only that. I would be suprised if that is not the same boat that was at Surf Expo. Somebody call American Boat Center in Knoxville and ask them. They are the ones who posted that picture.
Old     (WAKE_UP_TN)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-06-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
This picture was taken at Wild Wings Cafe in Knoxville, TN... American Boat Center brought her by and had a premier for DEFY. IT'S JUST THE ANGLE!! THIS BOAT IS DEFINITELY PICKLE FORK!!! I have seen this boat in person and can definitely say that is a 100% Pickle fork. Hope this clears things up...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-06-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
I'll believe it when I see a pic of a bow on that exact boat..
Old     (WAKE_UP_TN)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-06-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'll believe it when I see a pic of a bow on that exact boat..
Ask American Boat Center in if they will send you another picture of it.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
whatever it is its butt ugly! tower is not my style either! The dip in the rub rail just looks wierd to me, kinda like those old bayliners/maxum's with the funny hull.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
There appears to be 2 pop up cleats at the bow approx 2 feet apart in the first picture. The "cleat" to the right looks a little bit different than the one to the left. You definately see another "cleat" opposite of this far right cleat on the port side. Looking at the next picture of the white "test" boat, there appears to only be one cleat. yes, neither boat is the final product, but talking with a local dealer, he says he is bringing a 2011 xstar to the upcoming supercross events, that there is only 1 new xstar, and he wont get one till april. I guess he is wrong because there are clearly 2 new xstars. the surf show black and orange, and the all white test boat. anyhow, this definately looks like a traditional bow to me and I need more evidence than "trust me" to prove otherwise.

yes, either way its ugly and overpriced
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-06-2012, 4:36 PM Reply   
Someone asked in the comments of the picture on the american boat center facebook page, and they said it's pickle fork.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Americ...ter/7504293556
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
Ok I think ive wrapped my tiny little optical illusionized brain around it. The other pickle to the fork is obviously completely out of view in the pic. If you look at the white test boat you can see that the pickles have quite a curve to them. So what we are seeing in the pic is just the curve of the near pickle which gives the illusion of a traditional bow. The near seat hump is the only one visible as well which is in the center of the nearest pickle, again making it look mighty traditional. BOOM just blew your mind!!! Happy Friday, ill be shredding a traditional bow tomorrow since its going to be in the 70's on the central coast of California!!!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-07-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
The front looks great from the side. I like a long pronounced bow. Maybe I'm partial because my Supra is similar. I don't like the shorter Supras of the same vintage that have a more rounded bow, doesn't look nearly as nice. I do hate that goofy rounded rub rail at the back. That's just gaudy. Don't like the tower, prefer a stylish tube tower, and the round windshield cut low isn't doing it for me either. I think it's ugly from the front, when you can see the picklefork. It's practical though, extra room to make the bow more roomy. I've never had a problem with the bow of my old Supra not having enough room though. It's pretty rare that anyone rides up there, but there's enough room for 3 people to stretch out and be comfortable without being too cozy with each other. Depends on your needs though. At the end of the day if it's an inboard that throws a decent wake that's all you need, all the fun is behind the boat.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
ok so some of you clearly dont like the styling of the boat, and thats fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, maybe you guys should post photos of your own boats here so everybody else can debate and criticise your pride and joy. That is the new pickle fork X Star, and yes there is another xstar that was the proto type which was used for development and testing, Mastercraft went to great lengths to test this boat in as many different situations as possible, they put bags with varying weights in different areas to see what the boat would do, this helped them develop the boat so it is user friendly for anybody and everybody to use. Knowing what the boat will do under different circumstance was a major priority for Mastercraft. I was lucky enough to do several days of driving and testing under different situations with the proto type boat. We moved bags all over the place just to see how the boat would perform, we had people sit on one side of the boat to see how it would handle when turning both ways and slowing down. Mastercraft wants their boats to be safe for all, love it or hate it, this boat has a huge wake and different looks to the now old x star.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-07-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
Umadbro?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-07-2012, 9:37 PM Reply   
I think a lot of People's dislike for this boat has to do with a lack of practicality shown by the uncessary size of the pickle
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 10:02 PM Reply   
I hope it was tested with 14+ people in the bow to avoid issues in future legal matters haha
Old    Nick911            01-08-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Bill_Dad don't worry about it Wakeworld hates Mastercraft. Put a big MB on the side of that boat and some high school jock tattoo-like tribal graffics on the side and BOOM, everyone loves it! Or lower the MSRP by 75K, same thing.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-08-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
^^ LOL... there called opinions and they are on a message board... this isnt a formal debate. If your mad that WW constantly flames mastecraft. Then I would reccomend a non nuetral boat owners forum
Old    Nick911            01-08-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Nah not mad. Just helping others realize that statistical biases exists based on certain demographics in certain forums. Sooner he realizes this the better. I for one love this forum and check it everyday!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-08-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Statistical biased based on demographics? Still find it funny that the dude with no boat has so much negative crap to talk about people with boats and their their opinions. My question is, if daddy doesn't buy you your MC, what then?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-08-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
I wasnt in the "scene" when MB was making boats with those horrible flamed out gel coats... but I am sure they were put on blast frequently. Personally, the new X-star wouldnt be for me, which maybe my opinion is not relevant cause I couldnt afford it... but either way. To EACH their OWN... is the key phrase here.
Old    Nick911            01-08-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
To each their own for sure. People put different emphasis on different factors when choosing a boat. To some, surf wake is important, to some, looks are important, and to some, wow factor is important. Why should any one reason for buying a boat be any less valid than another? Say what you will about this boat, but it's still going to turn heads like no other, not because what it looks like but because what it is.

Mastercraft knows what it's doing, and I never realized til now. They are not creating boats for 20 and 30-somethings that want to ride. They are creating boats for the lifestyle buyer that wants exclusivity and wow-factor. They don't just want to be another boat on the lake, they want to be THE boat on the lake.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
They aren't creating boats for people who want to ride???????
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-08-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
And that my dear Watson is the root of the problem. Have fun towing your tube. I'll be sure to wave from my lesser boat that's made for a wakeboarder and surfer
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-08-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
their making boats for the rich people who drive blinged out escalades. a boat that can ride and throw a wake just as good as any other if not better and also has the expensive wow factor to it. i mean a tahoe and a escalade do the same thing, but one has a bit more wow factor and thats what they are going for.
Old    Nick911            01-08-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
their making boats for the rich people who drive blinged out escalades. a boat that can ride and throw a wake just as good as any other if not better and also has the expensive wow factor to it. i mean a tahoe and a escalade do the same thing, but one has a bit more wow factor and thats what they are going for.
Well said.
Old    Nick911            01-08-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
They aren't creating boats for people who want to ride???????
They ride as good as any other, might just not be their focus.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-08-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
I think the thing to remember is that ALL boats are luxury items. No one NEEDS a boat, most of us on this site are the few lucky people in the world to have the means for this. Lets be honest, all of us are boat snobs to some extent, otherwise we'd all own 18k bayliners. People will continue to buy x stars because we associate the most expensive as being the best. I certainly do not want to see any manufacturer fail, but eventually they will price the x star out of the market, or make fewer of the them and charge more for it. And that is where the company will make a choice, they can either maximize revenue by selling more boats, or make them less obtainable, keep the so called status symbol, and rely on the rest of their fleet to bring in dollars. Either way, MC makes a nice boat IMO, but i would not buy the first production year of anything with major changes. The whole debate is like comparing Honda to Mercedes. Some older articles for case and point, I couldn't find anything more recent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AWakeboard_boat
http://www.dailywake.com/2007/10/18/...et-share-data/

Sorry for any typos, tablets are tough...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
I'll take the Honda over the Mercedes any day.I could afford either,but the Honda has more value for the dollar.I also could afford the Mastercraft,but i'll keep my boat.To me the only reason to own a Mastercraft is if you are a Professional Wakeboarder or an aspiring one.I am neither.
Old    Nick911            01-08-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I'll take the Honda over the Mercedes any day.I could afford either,but the Honda has more value for the dollar.I also could afford the Mastercraft,but i'll keep my boat.To me the only reason to own a Mastercraft is if you are a Professional Wakeboarder or an aspiring one.I am neither.
Define value for the dollar? You'll stick with your boat because you don't care about the things MC charges a premium for. But some value those extras and thus will pay a premium for them. MC will sell a ton of these new stars because this will be the most expensive wake boat out there, and people will buy it for that reason alone.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Define value for the dollar? You'll stick with your boat because you don't care about the things MC charges a premium for. But some value those extras and thus will pay a premium for them. MC will sell a ton of these new stars because this will be the most expensive wake boat out there, and people will buy it for that reason alone.
Value for the dollar.Same features less money.Also a better warranty and more style.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-08-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
^ and you're not going to take as big of a hit on depreciation. To say someone values the premiums isn't saying it is value for the dollar. MC is not a value boat...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-08-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
So Mastercraft made this huge big deal about this new boat that will change the game, talked about all the R&D, made a huge deal about the "unveiling" and then is now changing it? Did someone at MC drop the ball? What's going on over there? ...sounds like the business guys are trying to rush the engineers maybe?
Old    Nick911            01-09-2012, 3:34 AM Reply   
It all helps build hype. And hype sells boats. My dealer had as of late november 8 deposits for new XStars. People dropping 120K minimum without having seen the boat or know what the final cost will be. They are moving do many X25's right now that they are worried they will need to borrow one for the local boat shows. MC excels at hype and hype marketing, and they will continue to be successful because of this.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2012, 3:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
It all helps build hype. And hype sells boats. My dealer had as of late november 8 deposits for new XStars. People dropping 120K minimum without having seen the boat or know what the final cost will be. They are moving do many X25's right now that they are worried they will need to borrow one for the local boat shows. MC excels at hype and hype marketing, and they will continue to be successful because of this.
Sounds like your buying sizzle and we buy steak.Is that why Mastercraft had to file for Bankrupcy several years back?That and the fact their prices are out of line is why they are still struggling and others have caught up to their sales numbers.They probably won't be number 1 this year.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-09-2012, 4:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is that why Mastercraft had to file for Bankrupcy several years back?
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/4...kruptcy-filing
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-09-2012, 5:07 AM Reply   
I think the video that shows the pro rider's input is very interesting. Especially, when they talk about uneven weight distribution but still aspiring to have a clean wake on both sides. I wonder if all manufacturers do this. Hopefully the end product puts out a wake that is worth the wait.
Old    Nick911            01-09-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
I think we can agree that the new XStar will be a love it or hate it type of boat.

And based on my dealings with MC regarding my factory order, sounds like their assembly lines are full for the foreseeable future. Maybe Mastercraft has reached the economy of scale they are comfortable at, and with full lines, why lower the price of the boat?

When I ordered this fall, the equivalent Tige was the same price, and the Nautique was 10K more, so it's not like they aren't among peers at their price point.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think we can agree that the new XStar will be a love it or hate it type of boat.

And based on my dealings with MC regarding my factory order, sounds like their assembly lines are full for the foreseeable future. Maybe Mastercraft has reached the economy of scale they are comfortable at, and with full lines, why lower the price of the boat?

When I ordered this fall, the equivalent Tige was the same price, and the Nautique was 10K more, so it's not like they aren't among peers at their price point.
In the world the rest of us live in Nautiques are 10k to 15 k less than equal Mastercrafts.Also at the boat shows we attend Tige's are 25k to 30k less than equal Mastercrafts and have a better warranty.Your definition of EQUAL is different than mine.I have owned both Nautique and Tige and their prices have been considerable lower than Mastercraft for the last 20 years.
Old    Nick911            01-09-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
In the world the rest of us live in Nautiques are 10k to 15 k less than equal Mastercrafts.Also at the boat shows we attend Tige's are 25k to 30k less than equal Mastercrafts and have a better warranty.Your definition of EQUAL is different than mine.I have owned both Nautique and Tige and their prices have been considerable lower than Mastercraft for the last 20 years.
I was in the market this fall and got bottom line prices from all 3 dealers. Compared RZ2 to X25 to SAN 230. Those are the exact numbers I got. I know the 230 is a longer boat than the 25 but the 25 seats 16 and seemed bigger inside. These were Canadian prices. Enzo 230 was 7K less. I do know MC did have good incentives this fall, maybe that was the difference?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
I shopped several states Va.,Fla. and Texas as well as NC.In 1992.2006 and 2011 Mastercraft was always higher.Most of the Wakeworld members will tell you the same.
Old    Nick911            01-09-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
Hmmm, I know the dollar comparison is a big part of it, maybe that influenced the price? I think we were at par when I bought.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-09-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
My dealer just about cried laughing when we told him someone on our lake bought an x-25 for 85 grand. It was a demo boat with about 25hours...
That speaks volumes about pricing.

Last edited by simplej; 01-09-2012 at 9:12 PM.
Old    Nick911            01-10-2012, 3:55 AM Reply   
Speaks volumes about MC's appeal. I guess not everyone wants to drive the "value" choice.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2012, 4:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Speaks volumes about MC's appeal. I guess not everyone wants to drive the "value" choice.
Yeah! Some people use 100 dollar bills to start a fire too.
Old    Nick911            01-10-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   
20K or 30K means a lot less to some then others. Enjoy your "value" boat.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-10-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
20K or 30K means a lot less to some then others. Enjoy your "value" boat.
Classic snooty reply MC owner. Makes me hate owning an MC but then again mine is an 02 when us "VALUE" errrr low class people actually counted to MC. Guessing it won't be my next boat.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Interesting mastercraft put out its 2012 rewind preview video..... There were lots of smiles but exactly zero x stars
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-10-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
You picked MC that's great, good for you, you have no right to decide what boats are cheap or not simply because you bought the most expensive one. In some areas of the states mcs cost more than houses... You've gotta respect the people that own 'lesser' boats than you because they are working their asses off to afford them and they Are doing all they can to contribute to the sport.

And you're perverted view of value is irritating. Value is getting the baddest boat you can buy for as little money. Value doesn't mean cheap.

This is what you're paying for:

Last edited by simplej; 01-10-2012 at 9:22 AM.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-10-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations, you are the ideal buyer of the new MC boats. You have bitten the MC marketing ploy hook, line, and sinker. You are in complete belief that since it cost more, it must be better, and anybody who chose a different brand just couldn't afford what you spent. Brand snobbery/elitism at its best.

"Hype sells boats"?

“MC excels at hype”?

Silly me, I thought that design, quality, features, reliability, and customer service sold boats. Maybe that’s just for the informed buyers... Did you figure out the best way to pull a tube with your new X25 yet?