Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-13-2012, 3:35 PM Reply   
We are really starting to get the X-30 wakeboard wake dialed in. The other night I was riding with my Go Pro on my helmet and when i was watching the video I took a couple of these still shots from the video to show the wake. It is big and clean for days. Fun times. This was at about 22.5 MPH, with the factory 1k plus a 750 in each rear corner. Plate was all the way up. I'd like to add another 500lbs up front soon and it should plane a little faster and be even better. We were riding doubles at 70 and 75ft.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-13-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Damn, you had 1500 pounds in the back with nothing additional in the front? How rampy is the wake with just the stock ballast or the ballast 50/50?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-13-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
It's a very rampy wake with stock 1k. I have the extra weight in the back to actually make it a little steeper because those are the types of wake's Im used too. It doesn't wash out or curl over very easy. Even with all the weight we use the plate to get on plane and then bring it all the way up. The wake itself is firm. Its also kind of wide compared to me Moomba but nothing too wide.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-14-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
One thing I didn't mention is I only have the 5.7 in my X-30 and it pulls all the weight around just fine. It's a little slow to plane without extra bow weight when the rear is loaded right down but is still fine, and the wake plate comes in handy for planing faster. I was surprised at the strength of the engine.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-14-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
looks sick

i like that it looks really good for all different line lengths too ... too bad i'll never afford one
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-14-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
Wake is looking good!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-16-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
Last night we decided to try some new tricks so we slowed the boat down to between 20.8 and 21.4 and even with the full ballast (2500 lbs) the wake was totally clean and huge. In fact at the slower speeds it seemed to be even better with a shorter rope, the pop was amazing and at this speed, crashes are so much easier on the body. I don't plan to ride at that slow of a speed all the time but it was sure nice to be able to try tricks at this slow of a speed and still have a huge clean wake. I think we could add another 400-1000 lbs and it would still be clean at 21-22. I know that when I was at a session with Kyle Ratray ( Who was awesome btw) a while back he said that since switching to the G23, he rides a little slower (like 23.5 instead of 25 or something). My guess is because you don't need to go so fast to keep a clean wake (he was coming from a 230 which I believe you need more speed with ballast).