Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
Pretty much just want peoples opinions on lake McClure.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-02-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Nice lake but it get's blown out from about 10am-4pm most summer days. The sherriffs are a pita with their counter-clockwise rotation rules too. Nice launch ramps, nice marina, nice camping.
Old    benf            08-02-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Good camping for the picky wife/kids but the way they enforce that counterclock rule is a joke.
Old     (theoneandonly)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-03-2006, 12:40 AM Reply   
went there for a week stayed on a house boat only thing i didnt like was all the debris other than that great lake
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
I've been harassed a couple of times for boarding during sunset. Wasn't even dark and the local sheriff told me that we were done. Same weekend, I almost had to follow the sheriff back to the marina to pull the boat out because my rear anchor light wouldn't work. He wasn't willing to let me follow him back to our houseboat. Luckily I got it working and he proceeded to follow me all the way back to the houseboat at 15mph no less.
I think McClure has too much enforcement for such a small lake.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-03-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Go to Don Pedro. Lake McClure is decent, but Don Pedro is way better and not really much farther.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
love the lake we got a houseboat up there sheriff john is a jacka$$ and the people that run the marina are idiots but there less people then like pedro.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
o wait did i say love it i ment hate it its the worst
Old    mendo247            08-04-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
we had a great experience with the people at the marina! they treated us like kings the whole time... sheriffs were really cool also.. we were there in february, so the lake was not full of people but we had a great time..