Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Industry Jobs

Old    gnarshredd            09-08-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
I'm looking for possible future Merchandising and/or Brand Development positions within the industry. I have 6 years retail store experience with 4 years of assistant management and basic apparel buying skills with a small surf/dive store. On top of this I regularly attended trade shows twice a year for 5 years and met with vendor reps for mid-season line additions/changes.

I graduated from Florida State University in December 2009 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Textiles and Consumer Sciences (focus on merchandising) and have plans to go to school and earn a MBA as soon as I am able. As one of my many extra-curricular activities at Florida State, I was Vice President and one of the re-founding members of the FSU Wakeboard Club.

I am coming up on one year experience within the merchandising/buying division of a major retailer. With this position comes daily tasks involving vendor relations; communication skills; product placement; visual merchandising; and basic merchandising financial principles such as promotions, margins, and basic cost negotiations. I prefer to not give more specific details in this post however I can give further, in-depth information about this experience upon request.

I am known to have excellent communication and people skills, high levels of creativity, an always positive work attitude, and determination and passion for all things action sports.

Please contact me with opportunities at charleslkocur@gmail.com with any information. I am also very interested to hear any advice that others have to offer regarding positions such as this within the industry.

Thank You,
Charlie