Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Cole, if you can make 7:30am your in!

Justin/Michele...well you'll beat me there!

So the attendees so far are Alex, Doreen, Kevin, Karen, Doug, Cole, Justin, Michele. This give us 8. We could squeeze 1 more if anyone is interested?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Okay gang, monday night rides are going to shift to tuesday night rides!

Reason: On tuesday mornings I have to leave for work at 3am! After riding monday night, it's tough starting out early the next day. (Maybe I'm starting to feel 40-ish)

So, if it works for everyone involved, lets do tuesday night rides instead. Hopefully this can work at least a few times with you too, JB.

Justin, Michele and Brian said tuesday nights are okay. George you're always welcome too, of course.

KG, thanks but we'll be in Mays Landing again this weekend. Hope you guys have fun!

Only 66 days until our houseboat trip!!!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-20-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Dave, I'll be there next Tuesday.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
KG That sounds awesome, now I just need the address, and what town it's in so I can find out how to get down there in time. Let me know bro, I can't wait
Peace
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Cole,
60 Sylvia Lane
Manahawkin, NJ 08050
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-20-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Greetings Friends: To give credit where credit is due, "The TurtleShoe Two-County Challenge" is 99% KG's
brainchild. I threw-in a couple of ideas here and there and I walked in the house to check the tide chart
that's held on the front of the fridge with lighthouse magnets, but for the most part this is all KG.
But there's a cruicial requirement that we discussed that somehow got omitted from KG's outline of events,
and it's the very requirement that makes "The TurtleShoe Two-County Challenge" an actual CHALLENGE!
To use a Sidewayz DVD title for a moment, it's the "All or Nothing" requirement. If you're going to
accept the TurtleShoe Two-County Challenge, you have to start your day at 60 Sylvia at 7:00am, wakeboard
into midday, drive an hour south to Avalon, wakeboard into the evening, then eat, drink and discuss the day.
Those who accept the challenge MUST participate in ALL events. No picky choosy, no bailing out, no crying,
no stories. It's all or nothing ladies and gents. Does everybody ka-peesh?

Next: If anyone on Saturday's roster can't make it, Charles has expressed an interest in being first alternate.
But if Charles and Jaimee can't squeeze onto Saturday's program we'll probaly hit Turtle Cove Sunday morning
around 8:00am. I have a wedding Friday night on Long Island, up by 6:00am on Saturday to prep for The
Challenge, not home Saturday night until at least 11:00pm or midnight, and then up at 6:30 again to
prep for Sunday morning butter in Turtle Cove. I'm going to be one tired man come Sunday evening.

Second wakefest of the season JB? What exactly do you have in mind?

Cole: I'll email you.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
See everyone, this is what happens when work interrupts with my wakeworld posts!

Alex is correct and I guess the excitement got the best of me. Yes this is an actual challange. You MUST attend all facets of this event! There may even be other activities during the day that you must do as well to attain coveted status! (wakeskate, ride doubles, pound a RedBull, etc just to think of a few)

I have no doubt though that those in attendance will pull thru with flying colors and each add their own elements to help craft the days vibe!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-21-2006, 5:47 AM Reply   
I love it when a plan comes together!

I like the idea of the "challenge" whereas you must participate in the whole day's activities. Since we have the dog we'll have to stay at my parents Friday night, leave him there for Saturday and pick him up. That's not a problem. We can be @ Alex's bright and early. (we'll make sure we get everything Friday night so we're not stopping at Wawa in the morning! )

Doubles, wakeskating, pounding RedBull? These are a few of my favorite things!

P.S: Dave Tuesday's are ok as we said. See you next Tuesday.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Well, it looks like I'll have to leave the city a 4 in the morning to get out there, but I can make it in time. So I'll definitly be there with bells on...unless someone has a specific disliking to bells in which case I'll leave them at home...but I really am very excited
Peace
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Oh and conveniently enough it's my birthday on Saturday, and there's nothing that I'd rather be doing!!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
The TS-TC Challenge sounds like a blast! I’m sure you all will live up to it..

Dave, I’m defiantly in for Tuesday, I should be able to roll in around 4.

Doreen, I’m glad you brought it up about an on water riding get together; we are up for that in July.

To Echo Alex’s though; JB what ya have in mind?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
YEARS END BASH?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
JB, another wakefest would be very cool! I already have some ideas to make it even better than before (better location for viewing the pros demo rides, better cuisine, maybe even run it as a benefit for a charity)
The big factor would be what pros can come this time? I guess that would be your dept. once again.

KG & Alex (and crew) have fun this weekend! Sounds like a great "challenge".

Jim had mentioned going out to Blue Marsh one friday coming up. Who's up for that? Possible dates are:
July 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th.
I'll provide the boat, you just call in sick!

Michele, Justin, Eustace see you on tuesday night. Call me that day.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
Well it's not looking very promising for the TS-TC Challenge weather wise.

Manahawkin Forecast for Saturday:
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-weekend.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=1 &zipcode=08050&metric=0

Avalon Forecast for Saturday:
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-weekend.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=1 &zipcode=08202&metric=0

It's not looking good folks. Can we catch a darn break please?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
what's a weather forcast?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
When the June 3rd Wakefest's weather forecast became a little "ify" I didn't allow it to slow me down or
scare me off. If I had, well, the wakefest may not have happened, or at least it would have happened
quite differently. The Two-County Challenge is still two days away and I'm going to keep the same positive
"keep moving forward" attitude as I did with the wakefest. Weather patterns can change dramatically in
two days. Plus, it's Cole's birthday! Oh man. We HAVE TO stay positive for Cole's sake! We'll just have to
wait and see how the skies look on Saturday morning.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-22-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hey Dave when you were out the other night did you notice some markers/floats on the river? We saw some by the Steel Mill and down by the cove on the New Jersey side. Maybe Gerald knows I saw some north of his dock?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-22-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
besides, when are the weather men ever right. Scattered thunderstorms to me means, they have no idea so better say it might so the weatherman can get a better tee time
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
George, we saw a ton of those all up and down the river when we were out with Dave. We didn't know what they were.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
george, when gerald and i went out the other day we were wondering the same thing, theres also a cable tied up to the red bouy by the bend between the floating things, maybe plans to dredge?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Elias may be right......if there's a cable tied to a channel marker, it must be CG/EPA/DEP related. (my guess) I would just keep away from them, just in case there is an underwater cable connecting them all.

I may just give the Maristar a rest this weekend, since the weather looks iffy anyway.
BUT, I will see some of you in Bordentown tuesday night, 4-8pm. Justin Haworth, are you still coming down tuesday? George? JB? Haven't heard from Russ in a while either.
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-22-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Dave, Ill be their on Tuesday. I don't know what time exactly right now. I will post on Monday to let you know.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
THIS IS IT! I'm at work and I can't wait to get out of here in about 4 hours. Tomorrow starts my annual nautical schedule of taking off from work every day that starts with F and the sun is out. There's nothing like the Mullica river with your family on Fridays when everyone else is at work. So weather permitting I'm scheduled off the next 12 F-days.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Ok we got the bouys stratoned out, we went up to one tonight and they say research real big so they are most likly bottom samples, so now they are just obstacles to ollie
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2006, 4:33 AM Reply   
Jim, the Mullica on fridays sounds nice. (I'm off on fridays,too) Maybe I'll drag my boat down sometime, if you show me where to go. Is that cedar water down there? Any salt?

Have fun!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-23-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
I wish I would schedule the next 12 F-days off! I think everyone should have Friday during the summer off. I come in Monday so relaxed and relieved of stress when I have a 3-day weekend. Wishful thinking I guess.

Anywho, enjoy the weekend everyone! I am hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow, I need to ride!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
When I first saw them I thought somebody had laid out a slamon course. I guess they want to see how clean the water is.
Old    august_dolan            06-26-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
hey guys just moved to jersey and i'm looking for some good places to ride. I haven't been on the water yet this season and i was hoping that someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
August, What part of jersey are you in?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
August, welcome to NJ and the Jersey Riders thread.

You might want to provide us with a little more info, as your profile doesn't tell us much. Location in NJ? Age (not that it matters but just gives us an idea about yourself), Student/Career? Anything about yourself is good.

There are a ton of places to ride, it just depends on where you are. I'm sure anyone on here with a boat would be willing to give you a pull.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
So how was everyones weekend???

The TurtleShoe 2-County Challenge was Great, and thank you Mother Nature for holding the rain off!

Mad props top Alex for pushing forward Sat and hosting the AM portion of the challenge...with only 1hours sleep. The Cove was great. No boats for several hours, little windy but everyone got 2 runs in and the rain held out till just as we got back to the dock! (Riders: Alex, Kevin, Doug & Cole (who was our signature Birfday Boy)

Our 50min trip to Avalon had a bunch of rain but did brighten up...it was nearly sunny when we got to Avalon. The Horseshoe was great as well. Again a little windy, but as the afternoon progressed, condictions were getting even better. We picked up Justin & Michele for the 2nd leg which added to the stoke! (Riders: Alex, Kevin, Doug & Cole, Justin & Michele)

Karen and Doreen palyed their parts spectacular working the boat duty's and most importantly driving!

Here are a few pics...I'll be posting the remaining up on Wakescene.com in a day or so!

Thanks everyone for making Sat a day I won't forget for a very long time!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    mandm            06-26-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
ok, a little jealous. you guys look like you had a good time. I'll be out this weekend, hopefully we'll get to hook up!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-26-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
If you're feeling adventurous over the long holiday weekend Micah, and if you feel like taking a
road trip, you can come-on up to Manahawkin for a day out in Turtle Cove on the Super Air! KG knows the way.

The TurtleShoe Two County Challenge: Oh man... is that the best picture of me you had KG? I look
like I should be playing the banjo in Deliverance.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
KG, nice pics! Looked like a good time, glad the weather held out for you guys!

I haven't met Cole & Doug yet, but looks like you guys really enjoy riding (as we all do!)
Which pic is Doug and which is Cole?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
but you look so happy Alex...I'll find another shortly!

2nd pic = Cole
5th pic = Doug
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Well it is now two days post Challenge and I still can't quite extend my left arm, and when I bend over I feel I'm going to colapse. I'm starting to understand what you older folks (and you know who you are) must go through on a daily basis, and I must say, you have my utmost sympathy. But nevertheless Dizamn!! What a great day!!
It started with a journey into the night upon my day of birth. Aboard a giant, metal, gas powered torture chamber on wheels did I travel. Twas full of heathens, sinners, thieves and vagabonds. Danger lurked at every stop, but onward I pushed with no rest given to my body in hours. I dared not shut my eyes lest the drunkards get anxious and vomit upon me or my belongings. I met a lonesome traveler from a far away land who spoke almost none of the native language. Fear and hope rested in his eyes, and my attempts to communicate reasured him of what lay ahead. Many hours did I travel upon this rolling hell and finally I reached my glorious destination...the land of Manahawkin. There I was greated by the illustrious Sir. Alex at the royal Dunkin' Donuts. From there he led me to his castle and showered me with many gifts of the flesh beyond my wildest dreams. We then traveled to the land of Avalon with Sir. Kevin and his Maiden, picking up two more on the way. In the land of Avalon Sir. Kevin, like Sir. Alex, showered me with many gifts of the flesh, including a feast of food and drink that rested easily into my tired body. We ate drank and were merry. Then when we all could hold our heads high no longer, we retired, rested, and dreamt not...for we were at peace.
boy that was some q u e e r s@%!
But seriously thank you to everyone for making my birthday such an awesome day, you are all great, and I hope many more will come. And I will post my pics as soon as they are developed (I have to catch up with modern technology)
Peace Ya'll
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
That is some "Queer A** Shait"! Hope you and Doug didn't play any gay chicken!
Old    august_dolan            06-26-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Just updated my profile... i live in northern jersey, Cliffside Park, so im not in close proximity to suitable water, unless you count the hudson river, a friend of mine has a house in bricktown... im looking for low wind, low traffic areas, any information will help.. thanks
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
any participants in the TS2CC who want a tshirt sent to them, shoot me an email with your address and what size shirt you would like.

I had a blast this weekend, great stuff, glad I was able to be a part of it, and i am not going to add any more Q>A>S.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
"I'm looking for low wind,low traffic areas"

Aren't we all, August!
That's why I assembled the "tuesday afternoon riders" crew. Okay, "TAR" crew, looks like alot of rain for tuesday, but I'll wait until the afternoon to call our gathering. I'll be in touch.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
Looks like the TS2CC was a blast~
It was raining all weekend up here in Boston so all I can say is I'm jealous!
I had my board and everything sitting right next to the door, ready to go bright and early Sat morning, and it starts pouring like mad Fri night- Sunday night.

Pictures help though...post some more...

Michelle, luv your bindings!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-26-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Dave W. Rain or not, I can't attend the Tuesday afternoon ride again! I have an evening work meeting at 7:30 pm meeting. Here's to the rest of you getting on the water.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Dave, As far as Fridays for Blue Marsh, anyone except July 7th. Also any friday you want to tow to the Mullica just let me know. I would be glad to show you the way.
I rode Friday and the weather was the best. It didn't start raining until I was almost back home. I got a mean sun burn and a 3 day headache from a wicked face plant.I wanted to ride Sunday but since it rained I started installing my new kitchen cabinets instead. Someone please stop the rain by Friday or I'll have to come to work.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
I had so much fun!! I do have to confess though....I couldn't make it all the way home Saturday night. With Alex sleeping on the back seat, I had to pull into the AC rest area on the parkway and shut my eyes. 2 hrs later, with a much needed nap, I was rested enough to make it back to 60 Sylvia.
Doug, the pictures are absolutley beautiful! Sharp, clear, just excellant! Thanks for making us all a disk to remember the challenge. Alex and I will definately take a t-shirt. We'll email you the sizes and address. Let us know the cost.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
here are a couple more pictures fron the weekend Upload
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
I got the whole lot (all 175 pics) resized but I have to take a queue from Alex, I really want to rename them so it's going to be another day or so till I get them posted...

Doreen, glad to hear you got home safe!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Not to stir the pot,but I remember reading that if you wanted in on the TS2CC you had to be there for all not just part. Then I read that 2 more people were picked up on the way down to the shoe. Things that make you go hmmmm.

KG, We tried out the new board a little on Friday. The only one to get up on it so far was a friend of ours son. Now he's hooked on wakeboarding. The binding are to small for my wife and older daughters feet. I have heard people say the adjusted their overlays before and was wondering is that possible on hose bindings? If so is it easy to do?

Wow it's nice to see Michele jumping. Way to go Michele.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-27-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
Jim, how big a binding do your wife and daughter need? My sister is selling her old bindings (old meaning 1 year old and like new condition). They are Obrien Novas from last year. Shoot me a PM if you are interested, they are m/l, she wears a 7.5 to 8 and was in them fine.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-27-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Ahh Jim so nice of you to notice Michele and I missed the first half (and stir the pot). Well to explain, we woke up @ 6am in Hamilton and it was POURING. Called Alex, he said it wasn't raining there yet but it didn't look good. We ended up making a bad decision and call it off since it was raining so hard at home, and the Turtle Cove didn't even get a drop of rain. So Alex text'ed me what a "fantastic time" they were having and Michele and I were unhappy at home in the rain, so we decided to hop in the car and chance it.

We drove down to Manahawkin just as the crew was pulling in. They were all nice enough to allow Michele and I to travel down to Avalon with them and get some pulls. We weren't "a part" of the challenge but did participate in the festivities. After all, Michele did bake like 14 cupcakes for Cole's b-day, and I wasn't eating them all!
Old    august_dolan            06-27-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Yes sir Dave we certainly are... the only area that i know of is the barnegat bay near the mataloking( not sure of the spelling) bridge. Iv'e heard that there is a constant wind from the south there and very rarely not crowded. one of my friends lives there but isnt big into water sports. do you happen to know of any other spots in that general area?
Old     (matrix732)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
August,

We ride on Wednesday nights and on the weekends in the Manasquan River. We go all the way up the river into "the narrows" where it is usually glass but it gets shallow. You need high tide to ride there. There are also a few good coves in the Metedeconk River in Bricktown. My one buddy keeps his boat at the Marina Bar and Grill in Bricktown right next to the route 70 bridge. Next time you are down in the area give me a call and we can meet up. My number is 732-232-9542.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Brendan, nice of you to offer up a pull for August.

August, there are some riders at Lake Mahopac in NY. I believe it's about 15-20 mins. from NYC.
Do a search here and maybe you can get a pull on that lake.

Tuesday crew, the weather is looking bad today. I hate to say it, but I'm going to cancel our outing today. I will be shooting for next tuesday afternoon (July 4th) if anyone is interested. I'm thinking maybe 3pm until dark, and hopefully the wallys will be gone at the end of the day!

Michele, awesome jumping! If that's not W2W it's damn close! You go girl!

Does anyone else want to hit Blue Marsh lake on a friday? Let me know and we'll schedule something.

Wish we could reach Harold @ Harolds lake and get some use from that body of water. (Drove past it today, the water color is like Bermuda blue and total glass!!!)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-27-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Hello my friends!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-27-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
I can confirm Michele was going W2W!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Gavin, I figured out how to adjust the overlays. They had a little left in them so I adjusted them. Next week we'll give them another try. My wife wears an 8,8.5 and my kids are almost there.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-28-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
well the delaware river is off limits for like a week theres bad flooding and lots of debre and bad currents
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Sup ya'll. Here's the pics that I took on Saturday, check em out there's some good ones. I thought I'd just let anyone check em out who wants too, and if anyone wants to post some on here go for it. I'm not sure if I know how to shrink em down, KG maybe you could help with that. Let me know what you guys think.
Peace
http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=933281151515818262/l=107060699/g=37743372/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
Delaware river is severely flooded! They said it will crest in Trenton at 8pm thursday. In Lambertville the water is less than 3 feet under the bridge! Easton, Pa could see the worst flooding since the big flood of 1955 (no, I wasn't around for that one!)

Woody, you may want to take your boat out of the water ASAP! Any of you thinking of hitting the river this weekend, better think twice! It's ugly.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
I would not want to have a boat in the river. It is going to take at least a week to clean up.

Check out the flow.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/uv?01463500
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-28-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
yeah so i decide to go down on my dock today as its completly under water lol then my dad decides to go out in a row boat to get another boat so i had to swim in the river today to swim this boat in
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-29-2006, 4:13 AM Reply   
It's too late Dave, I just have to pray.Upload
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-29-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
I ran up to our lake yesterday (Lake Wallenpaupak) to check on the boat, boat is OK but the lake is toast, there was a 40' tall tree floating by my dock, so much debris up there it was just sick. My friend has been up there for 30 years and has never seen it that high. Plus last night they pulled the release on the dam to let water out, more for the Delaware I guess. Bad scene up north as well.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-29-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Good luck Woody! I hope you ride it out ok.. Looks as if the river is a bust for this weekend, I’m planning to give it a shot on Tuesday.

Jim, KG, get those welders ready!!! I’m seriously considering building a winch. I’ve been hashing over some ideas with a guy at work who is a fabricator and whiz a t gear reduction. I showed him the Grinch and what they are asking for it,, he figures about $600 to build, even buying materials in low quantity.

I’m thinking I’d get more use out of it in the winter with a snow skate or snow board.

Looks like the Turtle – Shoe challenge was a great time! That is awesome the weather held out for you all.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
gee, this reminds me of last october when we couldn't ride..

i'm going through so much withdrawal! i do not like rain!

cole, did ya have to post them on a site that requires registration?!

(Message edited by newmy79 on June 29, 2006)
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
Justin- Does it require registration? I didn't know that. It must be pretty simple though. Take them and put them some where else, I'm not sure where else to put them.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-29-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Eustace, check out www.winchskating.com I am probably gonna build one so I can hit the local river and resevoirs that have a 10hp max. Can't wait for the first time the park ranger rolls up and I point out it is only an 8hp motor. That site has a lot of good info on the winches and where to get all the parts. 600 to 800 is about right depending on how hi-tech you go with it!

Cole, I saw in your profile you ride behind a Tige, nice to have another Tige guy in the house!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-29-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
The State Police have issued a no wake status on Lake Hopatcong, I hope they take it off soon because I'm supposed to go wakeboarding tomorrow then hit the fireworks over the lake :-)
Old    august_dolan            06-29-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
Brendan Thank you for the offer and info on the coves, and Dave thanks for the info about the lake i appreciate the help, you guys all seem to be pretty close on this forum...are there any events coming up this summer where boarders from the state get together?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
mango, no wake status??? Does that mean no wake for any boat all summer long? (By the way, the Malibu motorhome/boat passed me this afternoon on route 31 heading north to the lake)

Woody, have you checked on your boat today? Better make sure the bilge is pumped-out and that you have extra dock lines!

Eustace, hoping the river calms down by tuesday.....time will tell.

I'm heading to Mays Landing again this weekend.....have a good one everybody!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Eustace let me know when your gonna start cause I want to come help and learn from you. I'll bring mine down so you can teach me how to use it as well. Just shoot me an email cause I'm dying to learn.

Deleware River my @ss, I'll be on my river tomorrow afternoon around 3. The Mullica never really is affected badly by heavy rain. Thats another reason why I love it.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
August you just missed our first annual Wake Jam. It was June 3rd. The weather sucked but the get together was great.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Well, with everyone bumming over their river woes, I spoke to a friend who lives on LBI and he said the
bay is just fine! I'm shooting for three to four days of boarding out in regular current, debris-free
Turtle Cove. Ah yes. I DO love the salt water.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Tomorrow starts with a F and it is gonna be sunny so I guess I'm not coming to work. Plus I'm off till Wednesday.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
heres some shots of today at florence, i heard it is suppose to be at its peak on saturday

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/findingelo/th_Picture230.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/findingelo/th_Picture231.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/findingelo/th_Picture233.jpg[/IMG]

and you know what sucks most? its been butter at florence for the past week
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-30-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Cole, great pictures...except for that butt shot! Guess I will always have to remember to be careful when you're around with a camera...

Kelly Lee, thanks for the compliments on the bindings...they are the '05 Minx Limited Ed. Love them!!

So Micah is coming down this weekend...very exciting...any plans??

btw, good luck with the boat woody...
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-30-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
I just got back from the boat and everything is cool. Thanks for expressing concern Dave,Brian and Michele. Hopefully the river will clear out before the 4th and I'll see you all out there, I would like to ride at least once this weekend.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2006, 4:42 AM Reply   
We went down to the Mullica yesterday around 4 and the conditions were to die for. The water was flat and there was no one out there. The water is warm. I got 2 sets in and my wife and older daughter both got up on the knee board for the first time ever. I was excited for both of them. The giant smile on my daughters face made me very proud. That kind of moment reminds me why I love being a dad. Today is my wifes birthday and our town fireworks so we are sitting pool side today. We can watch the fireworks from our back yard because they are close to us.Tomorrow I'll be hard at work in my kitchen and on Monday when most people go back to work I'll be on the Mullica again. Have a fun and safe 4th of July everyone.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-01-2006, 5:44 AM Reply   
Jim, sounds like you had a banner day on the Mullica! Enjoy the fireworks today and be sure to treat Mrs Jim like a Queen on her birthday.

Woddy, glad to hear your boat survived the torrential downpour and all that came with it. I saw the Delaware yesterday and couldn't believe how much debris was out there. And there was one fool out there just cruising in a 26 footer, dodging all the limbs and garbage. That guy must have been desperate to get out boating.

Micheele and Justin, have you guys made any travel plans for Reno? Let me know when you have.

And finally, I just submitted a quick event write-up for WakeBoarding mag about the Wakefest!(Editor) Matt Hickman sent me some photos, but I don't have a program to resize them. I'll send a few to whomever can downsize them to post them up here.

Happy 4th everyone!

JB