Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-15-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a handle like that of the Hyperlite Premier. Something with a thicker grip. The handle that I have is all beat up. The colors for the year I have are a Lime Green, Carolina Blue and I think gold. If anyone was wondering what that handle I am talking about looked like
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
I assume you're looking for the Premier handle that was shaped like a churro? That handle was badass, and I don't think anyone made anything like it.

Everyone seems to have their own version of the new Premier shape (the one that's square or triangular instead of round). Unfortunately, this new style isn't as thick as the old style.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
the era was nice
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-15-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
helium has a very similar grip on thier TCH2 handles. These grips are replaceable, I had one that looked like a spiral across the handle and when that one gave up on me I purchaced a replacement grip that looks just like the one you described (churro) ha that is a perfect description of it. It is all white though. The premier handles last year like that was 05 I just sold one out of the shop I work in that has just been lingering around here.
Old     (ega6)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-15-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Strong verb on nick's comment, the era is a solid handle, check it out
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
i should have said it is like the premier thinckness but all around, no little cutouts... my fav. i've ever used...i like um' thick
Old    walt            11-15-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
I love the old premier and still use it. IMO it's the best handle ever made and don't know why they would of stop making it.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
we use the thick lg now that the remiers are no longer made we had 2 and they both have started to bite the dust
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
Also using 2 premiers. Great handle, can do this summer with the handles, but will need a new one soon. I hope there would be some handle that feels close like these premiers...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-16-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
I got one of those handles for free back in the day, I hated it and gave it to a friend. I like em thin.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-16-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
Charley - Call Proline and they should replace your handles.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-16-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
I have one in fairly good condition. PM me if interested in buying. Looking to change to slightly thinner handle.
Old     (premiergirl)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-16-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Does anyone know why they stopped making the old style premier handle? Everyone I know says that handle was their favorite. If they brought it back they would no doubt make a killing off of it!

(Message edited by Premiergirl on November 16, 2007)
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-16-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
i used to have that handle but i recently switched to the new proline with the leather/ swade kinda grip on it, just basic looking but man do i love that handle, when it gets wet it becomes super tacky. and comfortable.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-16-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
I had two premier handles...they were super nice, while they lasted. The grip kept coming apart at the seam. It seems to me like they shouldn't put the seam right where your fingers are, which gets the most torque and stress. But, what do I know.

I switched to the new Byerly handle and love it. Thinner handle, but more durable, IMO.