Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
So, the local dealer said he would install any tower on the market except Monster Towers due to their quality and integrity. He recommended Airboom due to the quality and ease of installation.

Any thoughts on this?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
i guess i'd question the dealer then because monster towers rock. the quality is awesome and their customer service and support is top notch. any search or research will support that. witht that said, i'd get the one that you like the best and if it's the monster tower, i'd call them and have them help find another dealer in your area who will install it. good luck-
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-22-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Yeah, one thought. He most likely makes a bigger cut off selling the other brand towers.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
I am with S-dub on this one. Monster tower is a lower priced tower that has very little to no margin for mark up, aside from installation. I have personally dealt with monster tower directly and can attest to their great quality and customer service.

Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-22-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
I'd say your dealer is a moron.
Old    mendo247            02-22-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
you dealer is flat out dumb!! or maybe really smart!! he must not make as much when he sells a monster lol.. hes obivously never had any first hand experiences with monster tower before.. on my last boat i spent $2,000 on a big name tower, a few months later i was making support braces and welding cracks up, my friend spent half the cash on a monster and i also installed that one and couldnt believe the quality... for some reason i was expecting inferior quality but i was way wrong and felt stupid for spending the kind of money i did for my pos tower..
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
I hear you, the thing is, I was just calling this company to install it for me. He said "I will install any tower you bring to me except for a monster tower." What the f! What does he care!! Just install it, let me decide if it is good, there is no skin off his back. You know?
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
I hear you, the thing is, I was just calling this company to install it for me. He said "I will install any tower you bring to me except for a monster tower." What the f! What does he care!! Just install it, let me decide if it is good, there is no skin off his back. You know?
Old    waterdog2            02-22-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
I have a airboom, get a monster.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
I had a Airboom tower on my last Boat and it had a lot of flex and was not easy to fold down. Get the Monster tower. My friend has one on his Boat and it has very little flex but I do not know if it is easy to fold down. Good LuckUpload
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
they're a piece of cake.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
monster towers are great, ive never seen any problems with them.

Too add another suggestion to the mix I really think the joystick rollcage is the best bang for the buck, cheapest full tower out there and sturdy as hell.
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
ok, I'm keep'in it. Has anyone installed a tower on a Glastron? I think the hulls are a little thinner (VEC) then most other boat brands. Is that going to be an issue even with reinforcing the hull?

Thanks for your input!
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
Towers are Easy Easy Easy to install yourself..just get a drill and if they come with backing plates great if not those are easy to make also..they are a 2 person job..one to hold as the other markes out the holes!!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
I installed a monster tower with my buddy on my bayliner 175. The backing plates that came with it worked just fine. We went through several drill bits drilling through the tower to install the final pieces which prevent the tower from going side to side. Monster tower has the best severice!!! Hurry up and get it before they outsource the customer service to India!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-22-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Monster, they work well.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
i just saw a thing on 20/20 and they say outsourcing is actually creating jobs in america..and that the price of fuel is cheaper than ever if you add in inflation!!
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2006, 5:28 AM Reply   
Get the monster the tower is great and the build quality and after sales service brilliant. For the money its a no brainer.
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
how do remove the padding on the side walls?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Todd,
We are very selective about who we work with as dealers and it sounds like we said no to him and he is upset about that. We strickly work with boat dealers that sell and service a major brand of boats. We have also canceled our relationship with several dealers where things did not work out for us our our customers.
Old     (greggh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
I bought a Monster Tower for my old 16 ft I/O. Their customer service is top notch. I had some issues with the tower moving side to side (their initial design). They sent me parts at no cost to me within a couple days of calling them. Just a suggestion you may want to confirm with Monster Tower before doing is to put JB Weld on the mating surface that connects the rear legs to the upper cross bar (not the front leg mating surface as these will need to slide against each other to fold down). It worked great for me under extremely demanding conditions. They have probably addressed this issue in their design since I bought mine. My friend has an Air-Boom on his boat and it is noisy. All the pins that hold the tower together rattle all the time. Monster Tower literally folds up and down in 1-2 minutes and retains its rigidity no matter how often you do this. Great Tower!
Old    walt            02-23-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
Todd,
(except Monster Towers due to their quality and integrity)

That statement couldn't be farther from the truth !