Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-05-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
What do you use?

Been using the Samsung Rugby Smart, decent phone if you don't do too much. I picked it up because I can be rough on a phone. I found that I play more games than I thought, I like a fast phone more than I thought and I take 90% of my photos from my phone. This just isn't cutting it,

So I called Customer Care at AT&T today and went to work with them. Ordered the HTC One X.

THIS IS A PHONE. 1.5 ghz dual core, 1gb of ram. 16gb of storage, insane 4.7" display and an awesome camera than can do 1080p @ 30 fps, beats audio and it's nfc enabled. Not to mention 4G LTE!

Pretty stoked and should have it soon.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
Just moved from a Droid X2 to an iPhone 4....meh....
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-05-2012, 7:25 PM Reply   
I use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I have owned just about every phone you can think of and this is by far the best. Haven't been impressed with a phone like this since the first IPhone.

Sent from my bag phone using TapaTalk
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
IPhone 4s

Switched after having droids for years.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-05-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
The G-Nex is awesome, but a 5mp camera was a no go for me. iPhone 4S was another one I was looking at, but the lack of a flash web browser pushed me away. I use my iPad at home when I don't care about flash, but on the go I like to have flash capability. Also the One X can take pictures while filming video, that sounded like something I wanted. I have used an ungodly amount of smartphones from every OS and Android seems to be the best to me. I was going to wait for the Galaxy S III but I really like the One X and Sense 4.0 blows away any other ROM I've seen on any phone, ever. Overall pumped on my purchase.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2012, 4:48 AM Reply   
I have a iPhone 4s but haven't figured it all out yet. It takes excellent pictures and is east to text on and it has spell check!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-06-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Just a simple 4-5 year old flip phone. It makes calls and the occasional text, which is all I need. It's cheap, battery still lasts 2-4 days between charges (lasted weeks when new), and if I lose/break it I don't care because it's cheap.

Work phone is a BlackBerry 9900 which I think is great. Very secure, fast, excellent screen quality and very good touchscreen. Still has a physical keyboard, the best keyboard on a phone IMO, except maybe the BlackBerry 900 which is slightly larger. Works fine for light personal use for maps/navigation and web browsing. If I didn't have a this from work, I would not have a fancy phone. If I did though, it would have a physical keyboard... which pretty much leaves RIM. I dislike Apple products, they're expensive walled garden junk, and although I like Android, I am not aware of any with a physical keyboard and my friends with Android phones can't seem to even get through a single day without a charge... My criteria is 2-3 days minimum, and I don't care if it takes a bag phone to accomplish it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-06-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
although I like Android, I am not aware of any with a physical keyboard
htc evo shift
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-06-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just a simple 4-5 year old flip phone. It makes calls and the occasional text, which is all I need. It's cheap, battery still lasts 2-4 days between charges (lasted weeks when new), and if I lose/break it I don't care because it's cheap.

Work phone is a BlackBerry 9900 which I think is great. Very secure, fast, excellent screen quality and very good touchscreen. Still has a physical keyboard, the best keyboard on a phone IMO, except maybe the BlackBerry 900 which is slightly larger. Works fine for light personal use for maps/navigation and web browsing. If I didn't have a this from work, I would not have a fancy phone. If I did though, it would have a physical keyboard... which pretty much leaves RIM. I dislike Apple products, they're expensive walled garden junk, and although I like Android, I am not aware of any with a physical keyboard and my friends with Android phones can't seem to even get through a single day without a charge... My criteria is 2-3 days minimum, and I don't care if it takes a bag phone to accomplish it.
Samsung Captivate Glide is a good option for an android phone with a physical keyboard. One thing you can get for battery issues (it's a problem with nearly every smartphone today) is a portable usb charger. I sell a ton of them because most phones are only going to last about a day. As annoying as it may be, flip phones and messaging phones will probably be gone in the next 3-4 years.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
Moto Droid 4.

Had to have a 4G phone, since the internet is 10x faster - on Verizon, only (AT&T and others' 4G is a joke). Also wanted a physical keyboard, so the Droid 4 was the only choice. Great phone.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-06-2012, 9:03 PM Reply   
^^ AT&T actually has the fastest and most reliable 4G network, 4G LTE to 4G HSPA+ then to 3G. Verizon goes from LTE to 3G... Sounds like an easy decision to me.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-06-2012, 9:28 PM Reply   
Quote:

prepaid aka burner phone! Low risk makes calls, text, setup drop points. Best of all there a dime bag a dozen!
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-15-2012, 10:49 PM Reply   
I've been using the One X for about a week now and I am insanely happy with it. The phone is so fast, it really has handled everything I have thrown at it. The screen, for lack of a better word, DEMOLISHES every single other screen on any phone I have ever seen. ( I sell phones for a large provider, so I've seen them all. )

Biggest thing for me on the One X, it just works. No issues, no nonsense. I don't have to worry about storage space because I have dropbox and google drive, so 16GB is plenty. Using cloud storage also helps it run insanely fast. The graphics are AWESOME, I always use a motocross game to test graphics and this is by far the best I've seen.

I wouldn't give it a 10 out of 10, it still has some polishing to do, but I think a solid 9 is deserved.

Oh and here is a little taste of what the camera can do, this was not shot in macro just regular focus and snap.
Attached Images

Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-16-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
I have just the older samsung galaxy S because on cspire (cellular south), i got a buy one get one deal on it, and mine and my wifes phone together is unlimited text, web, data, calls....everything for 120 a month. I had an iphone last year, but honestly it cost that just for one phone and i wouldn't even be unlimited everything on it. cspire does offer the iphone 4 now, they don't offer the 120/month for 2 phones with it unless you are grandfathered in (which i am), but i'm going to wait on the upgrade and hopefully get the newest iphone available at the time considering i have another year until i get the upgrade. the galaxy does everything i need it to, web, email, text, calls....few games for my kids, screen is bigger than an iphone so that's cool.

side note....logan, i would hate to carry all that around on my key chain haha.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-16-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I love it. I think its the best out there although your new HTC looks bad ass too but I'd rather have the unaltered version of ICS as I do (4.0.4). The camera is awesome and blazing fast, as far as the 5MP goes who cares unless you are blowing them up. Its sleek, svelte design is great too.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-16-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
I've been bouncing around:
iPhone 4s
Nokia Lumia 900
HTC Inspire 4G running ICS

Don't like the iPhone, just too messy for me.
Find that I use the Inspire (Android) in the car (GPS, Torque app for real time car data...)
Lumia 900 for everything else (work, email, games, phone use...)

Will pick up an other phone late summer / early Fall. Going to wait to see what else is coming out.