Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Over the years I have gained lots of information here on this forum I felt it fitting for me to reciprocate by sharing what very limited and narrow minded elitist information I possess. Feel free to add your own public-service announcements for the betterment of mankind.
Today's public service announcement will be
pumping gas

This complex and mind boggling act needs to be looked at. We need to establish some common rules so that order can be and the piece maintained!

Let's admit it getting gas is not joyous event kind of like standing in line at the DMV. So to get through this Mundane and chore I have developed these revolutionary steps to efficiently fuel your vehicle get down the road.

Step #1 Pull up to the pump and start pumping ASAP if not sooner

Then and only then is it ok for you to do the following.
There into space with a blank look
Call and text your friends
Check your Facebook status
Go into the store and buy cigarettes and monster energy drink
Check your tire pressure
Wash your windows

Key here folks is too quickly start filling gas and THEN waste time.
As soon the pump clicks off you should be out of there with in 20 seconds.

Lately me filling up at the local Chevron has been like watching The real life cast from the movie /idiocracy. People with no common sense And sence of self-awareness.

The list of stupid things people do at the gas station is almost endless.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-22-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
^^ lets add: Wash your car at the car wash, and not with the window squeegy.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       11-22-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
That's why Oregon has no self service, the lines move quick. I guess were spoiled.
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-22-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
^^^ Also: If your a gasser use the gas pump & not the only diesel pump there. Unless all the pumps are taken then I can understand!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-22-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
Not trying to be a dbag but as a gasser the last thing I do is study the entire station to see if I pull up to a pump that is the only diesel one. Sorry. If it has both pumps on it I just figure they all do.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-22-2013, 10:37 AM Reply   
Especially at Costco stations where there is most always a line-up. Hang up the damn phone and start pumping!
Old     (Ansorge10)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-22-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Especially at Costco stations where there is most always a line-up. Hang up the damn phone and start pumping!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
Of course I could avoid all of this by not getting gas at rush hour times. It just seems the world is getting more filled with people that either don't give a "F" or don't have a Clue! And I thought this was more Prevalent in the sticks. At the lake it's common for me to pull up with the boat in tow. To find some D-bag with his lifted 4x4 parked in one of the only spots where truck and trailer can gas up NOT pumping gas but inside bs'ing and loading up on energy drinks. Of corse the guy has no Credit card and has to pay cash inside and puts only $10 worth of gas and buys $15 worth of cig's and junk food. Only to have to return the next day cause his truck only gets 9 MPG.

Sometimes getting gas is like boating on A major 3 day weekend you have to lower your expectations of people having a clue.
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-22-2013, 11:53 AM Reply   
They don't. Now you know!
Old    bigdtx            11-22-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
This is exactly why I have my driver gas up the car when I'm not with him. Plus most pumps won't take my Amex black card and gas stations don't like hundreds which is the smallest thing I carry.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-22-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Or what about the dick bags who park their car at a pump, only to go inside to buy their garbage to stuff into their disgusting fat face. But don't get any gas. Hey arsehole, there are parking spots designated for that!
And yes, this happened to me yesterday.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
Big-D ^^^^ LoL
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-24-2013, 12:22 AM Reply   
Living on the border and get gas regularly in both Oregon and Washington with self service and attendant servicing I have to say that states with self service move a lot quicker. The only problem I have is people who don't want to wait and pull up to the pump with their filler on the opposite side and they have to stretch, not get it, move their car and try again, sometimes multiple times. I would love to open a gas station that had 6' hoses so you have to pull up to the right side no matter what just to teach people how to pump properly.