Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Chad Sharp is tweaking a grab, at apex, about a foot away from the camera. Any ideas as to how this shot was taken? Its in Wake Boarding magazine, several issues, near the front, if somehow my stellar description didnt give you enough information.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-25-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Tube
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
He is at the apex of the jump, and the shot looks like it is directly behind him, so unless they are standing on the tube...jumping maybe...I dont think so. And I didnt see a rope for the tube.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-25-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
Ropes are easily washed away with photoshop and the camera is most likely on a monopod. Or the photog tied ropes to the handles of the tube and stands up while holding the said ropes like the reigns of a horse.

It's not that hard.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-25-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I don't remember the shot. Can someone post it ?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-25-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
It's the black and white one. I think it says Come as you are leave as you dreamed or something like that.

It's a tube shot with wide angle lens, standing on a tube or using a monopod.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Alright then, I didnt think my ignorance in these matters would show so much. Thanks for the posts.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-25-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Don't take me being short as being rude either man. I'm just telling you how it was most likely done.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
No offence taken at all. I just had no idea how they pulled it off, and standing on a tube or using a monopod never really occured to me.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-26-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
someone posted a really similar shot of chad, then someone said it should be in a mag, then whoever took the said he had better ones that would be,

I think it may have been Hahn
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-26-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
could also be a chase boat. and in a chase they could certainly stand up in the bow.
also a thought aside from the tube. and could explain why there is no rope. i havent seen the shot but this it what it sounds like to me.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-26-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Yeah the only thing about the chase boat that makes me think it didn't happen from a chase boat is that it was clearly shot with a wide angle lens. You would have to be right on top of the rider with the chase boat and that isn't the safest thing to do. I usually always photoshop the tube rope out of my tube shots. Takes less than 30 seconds.
Old     (spence)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-26-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
The photo was most likely shot remotely with a backpack that Chad was wearing. I'm not sure about exact details but the camera was mounted to the backpack and then positioned around Chad. Robert Snow's equipment, but Tom King was behind the trigger.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-26-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the clarification Spence. If anybody knows he does!

Now that's going to make pick up the mag and look at the photo and wonder all over again!

(Message edited by steezyshots on November 26, 2008)
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-27-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
i need to get a hold of one and see this photo.
my intrests are peaked now...