Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (madtowndan)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Ok I need help on my raleys and I have read many other posts about what to do in order to stick them. I am not looking for advice on what to do but rather what I am doing wrong.
Every time I throw a raley I end up spinning so I face the sky completely and sometimes a bit more around similar to an sbend. I have almost landed a raley with an overe head 360 a couple of times when trying raleys. I DONT UNDERSTAND what I am doing wrong. I am assuming it is on the take off and maybe with body weight on the wrong spots. Any help would be great. Also I try and look at the tower but when I go upside down I abandon the tower and look to save my life.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-03-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
Of course you look to save yourself. Who wouldn't.
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
This effect is called "stargazing" and it is a common problem with many people trying to learn Air Raleys. Here's the fix: distribute your weight evenly on both feet on your approach and take off. Really think 50/50. As the board snaps out behind you, keep your head and upper body up and keep looking at the tower of the boat. As soon as your fully extended (you will feel a strange tug - but don't let go, hold on for god's sake!), push the handle down toward your hips. Your board will "fall" underneath you and you'll be ready for the landing. You can practice this on a wakeskate. As soon as you manage to extend your body and pull your legs underneath and in front of you again for the impact (keep them closely together to secure the family jewels!), immediately strap on your wakeboard and do the same thing. Wear some rubber and a thick life vest when trying these, this will take out some of the pain on your impacts. Good luck.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
well heck, if you are almost landing the S-bend on accident i would go for that... it looks cooler haha
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
Like Oliver said, keep your weight centered. If you are heavy on your back foot, it will kick you into stargazing.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
If you are stargazing, its more like a Layed out back roll not a S-bend. A S-bend is a BS3 over head. It sounds like you are doing the samething I did at first.(Backroll way out the back) Do what they said and keep your weight centered and you will be landing Raleys in no time. Good Luck!
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-07-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
just look at the top of the tower as soon as u leave the wake dont turn ur head
Old     (madtowndan)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Thanks all! I stuck my first raley yesterday! Crashed bad on the next one then stuck my third one. Now its time to get them big!!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-09-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Are you rotating front side or backside?

If you rotate front side, (like a big backroll) you have too much weight on your back foot. Take a shorter deeper cut to POP up.....not launch over.

If you rotate backside (like a 911 or S bend) the handle is getting in front and/or away from you, or you are leaving off of your front foot too much.

Video helps for the right direction but this is most common things I see.

Easy, easy trick when you learn it right. Look for a post from a few months ago I posted on how to do it with zero falls. You shouldn't get wrecked learning this.
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
I have been reading these posts for a while and wanted to thanks. After years falling and killing myself I finally landed this damn trick. Thank you very much. It is so easy once you get it. The pic is a little blury, I landed it at about 8:30 at night. Upload