Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (wakefan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-05-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
How do you plumb a fat sac (Fly High Pro X Fat Sac) so it fills through the top and drains throught the side (bottom). Do I need check valves?
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-05-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
DIAL: 9-1-1

j/k Feel free to give me a call at Fly High, I am there M-F 8-4 CTS.
414-964-3668
-chris
Old     (wakefan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-05-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
forgot to mention that I use a reversable Jabsco Ballast Puppy. Photos will be appreciated
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-06-2006, 5:36 AM Reply   
If you're using jabscos just fill and empty through the bottom and have a vent at the top.
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-07-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
you can use a T and check valves, but like Ryan said, best way is to just use the same for fill/empty, then have a vent on top. The Jabsco will fill from the bottom with no problem.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       12-08-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
I use those sacks and fill/drain from one hole on the bottom with reversible pumps. I put a vent in the top so they don't pop when I'm not paying attention.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-09-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
chris, i might call you later this winter about my install...thanks
Old     (wakefan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-12-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
i believe filling through the bottom will be slower than through the top. i have problems draining the sacs completely when draining through the top tho
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-12-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Hi Paul,
The jabsco is designed specifically as a reversible pump. Thus, it will fill and drain in almost equal time reguardless of the fill location.

All boat manufacturers that use metal ballast reversible pumps fill and drain from the same sac/hard-tank valve. I think that the only way you could possibly do what you are looking to do would be through the use of a check valve; however, the check valve will slow the flow of water and that is exactly what you are trying to avoid.

In closing, fill and drain your sac from the (1) valve that is closest to the rear of the boat and closest to the floor. While your vent valve should be on the top of your sac closest to the front of the boat. This is the best way to fill your sac with the one pump you already own.

You could buy another jabsco and do your fill from the top and have the second pump only drain, but you are defeating the purpose of a reversible pump and spending money that you don't need to be spending.

-please call with any further questions-
Thanks,
Chris
--
BAREFOOT INTERNATIONAL & FLY HIGH MFG.
biflyhigh@gmail.com
414-964-3668