Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
I neeed to ride, i'll def pitch in gas money, and would love someone to ride with.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-28-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Ahhhh yes, lake degray.... Been there plenty. My buddy is part of the ski club. I'm just not sure any of them are going much at this time of the year, but I will ask and post back if so.. Good luck and nice profile pic!
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-28-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
yeah man, love that lake! are you out there much during the summer? and thanks
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-28-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
nice profile pic as well!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-28-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Nice profile pic to you too!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-28-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Cord has the best, though.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-29-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Clay, no I'm not out there much anymore. I used to fly in from Hawaii every Memorial day to see my buddy in little rock and he is a member of the lake degray ski club (off to the left when you launch) and then we would head up to Hamilton to party after getting a couple of days of riding time in.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
Caleb/Clay do you guys ride year-round? My parents live in Maumelle, AR (actually Clay, I believe my dad does/did work with your dad at the Kimberly Clark mill) and last Christmas I rode behind the 'ole bassboat. It was plenty warm (40 air, 45 water, give or take) with a drysuit.

By the way, Clay, congratulations on Nationals!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       11-02-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
God... I dont know how yall do it. I cant ever find any of my friends to go past the end of Sept. The rain didnt help keep the water temps up this year either.

Never been to degray though.

Passed lake Maumelle yesterday looked nice. Wondering if it possible to ride there. Its pretty close to LR and would be easy drive since i keep my boat in LR. Id be down to ride if i hadnt already winterized the boat because i though everyone around here was done till March/April.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-03-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Ha, I have friends here in Madison, WI who are still riding (should be just about done by now). Arkansas is balmy by comparison :-)
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
yeah man thats my dad, and thanks man!

You should hit up degray for sure when it gets warm, it's a sick spot. And theres a ton of my friends out there that ride to so even if you cant get your boat out there theres always someone to ride with
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-03-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
Degray looks really sweet. I REALLY want to get my boat out on Greer's ferry. We were there for the cardboat canoe races and the water is so beautifully clear! Is Degray closer than Greers?

I've actually had a lot of fun riding the river, some of the smaller side rivers are really glassy and no one seems to use the water in Arkansas (it's so hard to find unused water here in Madison, people are REALLY into using their boats here when it's at all warm).
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       11-04-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
I think its more of the fact we have so much better water to use than the river. The river is dirty as hell. I have ridden there twice and it was awful both times... I would much rather got to Hamilton or Quachita.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-04-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Ah, you're so spoiled with your pristine lakes ;-) The river bathwater doesn't bother me :-D It's also right out back from my parents house. That said, I really want to ride the lakes. Spring needs to get here fast, I don't like snowboarding enough to not miss wakeboarding!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       11-04-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
snowboarding is too damn far. We need a close mountain like LA has Bear. a 3-4 hour drive from Little Rock for snowboarding would have me occupied most of the weekends during the winter... atleast till horse racing season started. haha

Wakeboarding is my fix to last me till snowboarding season. But Wakeboarding is starting to move to the top.
Old     (elliemac)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-06-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
I"m trying to convince my dad to take me to Greers to ride this weekend. Highs of 75, should be nice if I get to go. Clay, if you still need someone to ride with we're still trying to find a third.