Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (marcum)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
I currently have four tower mounted speakers so sound is good behind the boat but I'm looking to add a bit more mid range sound for passengers and the bow area. I don't see any simple location to add more speakers in the side walls or bow area and was wondering if anyone has ever mounted forward facing speakers on the tower? I was thinking maybe something not too large mounted on the center of the tower ( between the 4 rear facing speakers) and slanted somewhat downward toward the bow, or else maybe a pair of something mounted on opposite sides of the tower. ? I'm wondering if speakers facing forward can handle the windload when running on the lake and assume I would certainly need to cover them somehow when towing at highway speed. ?? Any thoughts as to what might work well / look ok in this situation ? thanks
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
Thats would Obnoxious to other boaters. Just put good bow speakers and be done with it.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Also, they get destroyed if you leave them up while towing.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:12 PM Reply   
i have 4 on my x-star and they have lights on one side and speakers on the other and ive got 2 facin forward and 2 back, so then u have lights facin forward and back, and same with sound, but jason is right, some ppl hate all the music that comes from wakeboarders, it depends on your lake