Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    aaronmarkson            08-19-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
I am debating on getting one of these bindings. first off, is the Transit worth the extra money? And also, i wear a size 9 shoe and the sizing goes 6-9 (Medium) and 9-11 (large) which size should I get? Will I be able to get the large tight enough? Because I would rather get the large so that more people could use it other than just me.
Old    alanp            08-19-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
i have an eight and wear medium transits. i wish they were a little tighter. i would go with the mediums if i were you. especially since it sounds like you like a tight fitting binding.
Old    cajun            08-19-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
I haven't tried the Transits but I have the 05 Alphas and absolutely love them. I was kind of in the same situation as you when I bought mine. I normally wear a size 11 shoe and the binding size goes 9-11 large and 11-12 xl. I went with the xl and I can get them tighter than I want so you might be better off with the large.
Old    wakechick            08-20-2004, 3:43 AM Reply   
Aaron, I would definitely go with medium Transits. My husband started out with a large pair of Transits (he has worn larges in every other binding he has had) and ended up getting a pair of mediums instead because the larges were too big.
The Transits are worth the extra money if you want easy adjustability in your bindings and super comfort. The Alphas are just as comfortable though (in my opinion) and for the money you won't find a better binding. The Alphas don't come with the F.A.S.T system, but it's something I can live without (I don't adjust my stance often).
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-20-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
get mediums.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-20-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
forget that go with the Ultras
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-20-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
Glass and Powder Board shop online has prices on the 2004 LF bindings that will allow you to choose whatever binding you want without worrying about 'paying the extra money'. I still go with the Ultras but you really have to know how to use them for them to be any good. The Transits are for sure better the FAST system and lock bolts it comes with is useless!!!! Plus it breaks if you mess with it too much. I would get the Transits and buy hardware from the hardware store for it.