Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-06-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
Im making my jump from I/O to inboard monday. Can anyone give me tips on the difference of operating a real boat vs an i.o. Also, whats the opinion of the masses on the v230?
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
You cannot steer in reverse, you naturally pull to one side depending on what way your prop spins.

The I don't know about the v230 but most wake boats sit lower than i/os so you have to watch about taking rollers over the nose. If you don't power turn to pick up your rider than you should be alright.

I have a V215 and love it. You are going to find a bunch of supporters of Sangers on here.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
We have about 8 hours on our new v230 and we are loving it! For an inboard it sits pretty high in the water. It's a large boat so it will take a lot to sink it. We pulled out our hard tanks and put Fly High 750's in the rear. It has a very solid feel and smooth ride, handles well for a large v-drive, and a pretty decent hole shot.

Ours sits pretty high on the trailer and with the tower folded down still won't fit in the garage. Other then that, the only other thing I don't like about it is the lack of elastic netting to hold small things such as sun screen, binding lube, etc...It's not a big deal, but something our old boat had plenty of. I will probably just add some in later this season.
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-08-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. Ive read a lot of positive about the sangers. tThats why I chose that brand.
Matinence wise, Is there a lot more with an inboard that I need to check on a regular basis?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-08-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
maintenance schedule should be the same for most boats just different parts:

-oil/filter every 30-50 hrs after break in
-impellar every 100 hrs
-tranny fluids every 100 hrs
-wash/wax regualar intervals
-grease trailer bearings/hubs at oil change
-keep an eye on tower bolts and other important bolts that may need to be tightened occassionally.
-oil platform (if teak) to keep up with fade and water protection
-winterize accordingly
-keep an eye on belts, hoses and bilge for signs of wear or excessive water/oil buildup

probably a lot more that i am forgetting but nice that you can save a lot of money and perform all of that maintenance yourself..

congrats!