Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (surf21v)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-02-2008, 3:20 AM Reply   
I bought a Supra Launch 21V new in June 2007. I pulled it out of storage this weekend to get it going for summer and noticed about a dozen cracks all over the boat!! The majority of them are around 10 inches long and are located both above and below the rub-rail. Some inside the boat under the cushions in the playpen bow. I'm going to wash it off and inspect it better and mark all the cracks I find tomorrow...

This is my 3rd boat, first one made by SC. Has anyone else ever had these cracking issues after 1 year?!?! I think it's a bit rediculous and I'm kinda wishing I bought the Tige now! I know Supra's warranty is lifetime for the hull, but is that to fix or replace? There are so many cracks on the boat after 1 year that I hardly want it 'fixed', I think a replacement is in order...

Any thoughts, advice, or experiences would be much appreciated!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       06-02-2008, 4:45 AM Reply   
Have you contacted Skiers Choice? I'd really keep this off the forums until you know where they stand on this. Fact of life is that occasionally stuff goes wrong (Heck, the first company who can build a 100% perfect boat; ship me 10!). The true test of a great company is how they handle the after sales problems; which it doesn't sound like you've given them opportunity to do yet. Or the benefit of the doubt.

This is clearly not normal for a boat but I am absolutely positive that Skiers Choice will get on this for you.. They are a great company!
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-02-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
I agree with Brit Rider.

No, not normal and you should contact Skiers Choice and Rick Tinker. I have owned 3 SC products (1 Moomba, 2 Supras) and haven't really had any major problems and definitely not cracking.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-02-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
I have also had several (4) Skiers Choice boats and had one that had some minor stress cracks in the gel coat..... Skiers Choice took care of it right away and never saw them again. Fact of the matter is all boats can get stress cracks and they are purely cosmetic..... take it in and have them cleaned up by your dealer....
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-02-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
As already mentioned above, contact Skiers Choice. I am sure they will take care of your issues without any problems. They are a good company and have great customer service from what I understand.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-02-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Had the same issue on my '06. They took care of it without question.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       06-02-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Eric,

Reed within our customer service dept will be in touch via your email listed here. He is also trying to reach your dealer to make him aware of your situation. Our apologies,

Rick
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-02-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Sounds to me they didnt properly drill the rub rail holes before screwing them in. Should be covered under warranty.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Welcome to the wonderful world of owning something by Skier's Choice.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-02-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
No offense Ronia, but I followed your whole ordeal, skier's choice handled it like any other issue as fair as possible. Fair doesn't always mean in favor of the second hand owner. You dont; see any other boat company big whigs stepping up on a message board to address issues. I've seen Rick Tinker's name on here quite a bit. Keep up the good work skier's choice.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
I'm not sure if seeing a companies "big whig" on these forums quite a bit addressing issues is a good thing or not. I mean, it could be looked at either way I suppose...
Old     (horaysh)      Join Date: May 2008       06-02-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
hey eric,

have you talked to mobius marine about this? im curious as to what they said to you
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-02-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
it has to do with shipping boats into a cold canadian climate.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-03-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
PM sent