Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-23-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
I am looking at getting a surf style board to surf with when not wakeboarding. I'm just looking for something to ride and have in the boat that other people who can't wakeboard can ride. I was looking at the 4'6" I am 5"10 170lb and have a stock for now 2010 MasterCraft X-15. Any opinions?
Thanks!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
If it's stock your going to want to go with a faster board or a bigger board probably
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-23-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
Any suggestion for a board then? I have stock ballast and usually 8 or 9 people in the boat that I can push to one side. Should I consider putting a sack in the back locker?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2011, 9:09 PM Reply   
A sac in the back locker will help tons with any board and dont take much time at all to fill. so worth it
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
The Ronix Koal is a great board. It was my first board as well, I bought the 5'6 as I am about 210 and a wake boarder at heart. You should definatly consider more weight, if you go to Wakemakers.com they have retro fits that will work with your existing system. It made a huge difference for us, have fun!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
Also consider the Inland Surfer Red Woody. Not sure what your budget is though.
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-25-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
My first was a 2010 koal 4'6 great board, very loose and very fragile. The fin box's fell out after 3
Months , had to reset. Im 80kg and its a bit small for me. You wont be able to riP big hard bottom turns unless you upgrade the eom fins.
Id go a shredstixx for a more surf style and durability.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-28-2011, 5:01 AM Reply   
We have a Koal and a IS Blue Lake. The Blue is the definetly the better and easier board to ride for 90% of the people who ride with us.The Koal is also way more fragile as mentioned. Surfed on a nice Shed Stixx model as well and it's great,construction good as well. The Koal's are ok but shop around and spend your money wisely, once, not twice or more to find a board you will learn alot on and great to progress on. IS boards are worth every penny IMHO.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-28-2011, 8:05 AM Reply   
Google wakesurf boards in Georgia, your home state.