Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quick ?,

I have been checking a bunch of the installs and mounting the amps to the inner walls under the observer seat but concerned on how thick the fiberglass is... I searched some old posts and want to do a amp board but unsure as to how to mount it / what size screw to use / etc...

Can one of you guru's help me out a lil with some direction - thanks.

I am going to do a FULL system over next winter but just want to get an amp in and my tower speakers up to get me by till then... thx

Lzy
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-11-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Remove the carpet if there is any and glue on a piece of fiberglassed 3/4" MDO or Starboard (PVC)using construction adhesive or any other permanent adhesive. Then mount your amp to that. Then you don't have to worry about punching through the fiberglass.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
I fiberglassed a cheapo Walmart teflon cutting board under the carpet of my last boat just to add some thickness to mount the amps to. Bought the resin and fiberglass matting at Home Depot.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Hey Aaron I got your E-mail.

If your planning on changing your system ovr the winter then dont mount a amp board untill you know what and where everything is gonna go. What you can do is make a Temp rack system. That way when you get your final set up you can change it around and you dont have to remove the old amp board's. A rack mount will attach to your rub rail and extend to the frool where it will be screwed to the floor your amps will mount to this rack.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
These are the rack's
They attact to the rub rail at the top and the floor at the bottom. The stud's in the middle are where the amp's attach to. You need to make a bridge peice for the amp'sUpload
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
Thx fellas - appreciate your comments & 411 - definately got some ideas now to get us by until we can really step itup. thx!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Grant, are those specific to any particular boat, or can they be altered? I have two amps right now, on the bulkhead that is behind the bow passenger seat. I want to add another, but doubt there is room. That rack would work great. I have a Tige 20i. thanks
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
I made up something similar to Grant, here a quick photo. Just some flat bar steel from HD and some studs welded in.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       05-11-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
I used 1/2" particle board and made 2 fake walls in front of the existing fiberglass walls. Used brackets to mount to existing bolts. About 3/4 of the way through this project, can post pics later
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-12-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Board,

Thanks for all the 411 & input, much appreciated. My lil brother comes in handy - LOL. He just moved back from OR & looks like his stereo skills from back in HS aren't to shabby. He made brackets and a amp board to get us by until winter when we will try in live up to the some of the other systems on here.

AMPS
Upload

Here's a lil trick we learned to make sure the tower was super tight after running the 8 pin harness w/o scratching the knobs...

Upload

Upload

CF#'s

Upload