Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    jolly_roger_wake            07-18-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
going to be spending some time there end of july off mm 6 during the week. any good spots to board in that area? party cove worth checkin out during the week? any other places worth checkin out? thanks!
Old    jolly_roger_wake            07-18-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
not worth the trip i take it?
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-18-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
I was there a few years ago. I don't really remember where we were but The only good riding was in the morning. if you wake up early its glass
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Lake of the ozarks is more of a "party, get drunk, act stupid, dont drown" type of lake....

Then again, I have not gone, but I have heard as much. Supposibly its incredibly dangerous aroudn party cove (wave and wake sizes can capsize small boats...) I was told my 23 ft xti wouldnt be able to handle it unless I went really early (like 8 to 9 am in the morning)...

again, this is just "hear say" and I haven't actually witnessed any of this myself!
Old    jolly_roger_wake            07-18-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
wake up early, check. thanks for the input guys!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Used to have a home there, but it's been a few years, but early morning glass is your best bet. There are probably 100s of coves to explore. Get on, and get off, before the Offshore Racers (not lakeshore either) start their poker runs.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-19-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
I'm down there every weekend. We are at the 42MM and if your not out on the water around 7-7:30, you don't ride in good water. At MM 6 you better ride really early, then get the hell off the lake because if you are in a wakeboarding boat it will be horrific. (on the weekends) If you get out past the 50 MM you can get good water during the day. You could also pull to PB#1, that is a public launch ramp in the grandglaze state park arm, you may be able to find good water down there. (again on weekends)

During the week you will probably be able to get out a little later in the morning and have decent water. Look for a large cove, there will be a ton up there. I would still be careful in the middle of the day that far up the lake.
Old     (cadethockey10)      Join Date: May 2006       07-19-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've had a place at the Lake of the Ozarks for years now, it really all depends what time you're going and what end of the lake you're on. If you're on the party cove end, it will get kinda rough, but during the week it's not bad at all. Alot of the other areas can be smoother. Most wakeboarding is usually just done in the coves, which during the week an empty one shouldn't be hard to find. If you're by the Grand Glaize Bridge there's 2 good coves to you're left as you're exiting the no wake zone under the bridge, that's where we mainly ride. Hope it helps, have a good time.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
I lived at LOTO for 6 months in '03 and was out on the water a lot during the week. The lake is great during the week if you go to the right spots. Party Cove is rideable during the week, or at least it was back when I lived down there. Also, if you are near party cove, keep heading up the Grand Glaize arm and you can find great water, especially early in the week. You still need to be careful, large boats become more prevalent as the day and as the week get later. I would suggest loading up and getting out of there by Friday morning.
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
hey anyone now of nay good places around mm 17 im staying at tree top.
Old     (skeetersky13)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-27-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
we went to the state park last weekend on a saturday, we got there about 8 am and the water was almost glass. in the state park go up to public beach #1 and stay in that cove, otherwise it gets pretty ruff.
Old     (getsome137)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-30-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
you should go to table rock..you can always find good water there...