Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-24-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
hey guys im upgradeing my system in my boat and i have the subs and amps all i need are some speakers, i thought about going with some pioneers but i dont really like them, only reason is cuz i saw a bad ass boat with like 6 pioneers on the tower, what other speakers would scream inside my boat. im going to be amping them also so something that handles like 70 RMS would be nice
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-24-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Focal makes some great components, I like the JL marine too. How mcuch you looking to spend....both listed are $300+/ pr. Polks are good a relatively cheap.
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-24-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
well thats the problem right now i dont have to much money and i need 2 sets of speakers maybe more if i get into and wana make new installs, so i think instead of buying a bunch of im gona go ahead and buy some nice ones buy only buy 1 set ( 2 speakers ) and install them in the back for now then when i come up with more cash i will do the front and then the sides and go from there, so id say the back speakers i would spend about 150 or 200 for 1 set for the back. also will it be ok to run high power speakers off the main deck until i get money for an amp or will the low output rms not be good for a component that can handle 50 +?
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-24-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
also whats the difference between coaxial and all the other types, and whats better 2 way speakers or 4 way speakers?
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-25-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
I've got the JL Marine and they sound awesome! Work with the shop you plan on using. They list for $300 for the pair but I paid $200 each for my two pair. The people locally will really work with you. Course I bought two amps, sub, custom box, remote, and these two pairs of JL Marine speakers. So I bought alot but they knocked quite a sum off each thing I bought.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
check out crossfire RS62 @ 93db and solid as a rock very little power needed to push them as well and at 100 bones a pair for the 6 1/2" there a steal you will want to get the new 2006 there a much better speaker than the 2005s they havent upgraded the marine line yet but the car audio line are a polly with a rubber gasket very nice stuff at any price
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
also I heard these just off deck power and they just about made my ears bleed and crystal clear with a 25mm titanium tweeter
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
do you know what his head unit was?
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
i cant find these speakers you listed.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
yes it was a cheepy blaupunk deck go to crossfirecaraudio.com
Jay
Old    mia            05-28-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
image dynamics makes a great component set...can be configured as seperates or coaxial..they need a decent amp and 3 inches of depth(big magnent)