Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-24-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
What did others pay for their G23? I have one coming that has a 450HP engine with basically every option as well as the colored hull, design package, 4 speakers, camera, tripple axel trailer and metal flake main stripe. This boat is about 117K. Is this a fair price?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-24-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
That seems like a great price from what I was quoted but nevet got real serious with my dealer either. But why are you going with a triple axle, seems like money could be better spent on the boat. Also have you checked out the new xr550 motor. Supposedly like $6k cheaper than the xs550.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-24-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
so the other thread was just a troll?
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-24-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Good question... No, not a troll thread. The order for the G23 goes in Teusday to the factory. So could I change my mind? yes, I can. Will I change my mind? not likely. As I said I am either X-30 or G23. No other boats on the radar for various reasons, largely proximity to service. Why are so many people on this forum so bloody fired up? Like I got time to mess around with bogus threads anyway.... The glass is half empty for most of you, eh?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-24-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
From what i have seen at the boat show and heard about people paying for them, that seems really low. I thought they started in that range and if its loaded plus the triple axle trailer, seems like a good deal.
Old     (DBurke)      Join Date: Sep 2012 Location: Tennessee       03-24-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Seems like a steal for a G23! The one I saw at the Chattanooga boat show with the 450 motor and pretty loaded out was 127k and thats without the triple axle trailer.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2013, 12:31 PM Reply   
That does seem like a great deal.. Especially for Canadian Funds....
I would probably stick with a Dual Axel as well for a 23 and spend more on the boat... Just another useless tire to blow.. I am not a fan of the Malibu Tower Camera either but have not seen the Nautique Camera in action. A gopro will do a better job IMO...
What colors are you going with?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-24-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
Was told the Tige one was also a waste of money. Probably skip the camera and the triple axle trailer and save some more cash.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
Seems like a good deal, better than most will encounter. I'm curious, did that price include NSS and the Bimin or Z5?

Last edited by ironj32; 03-24-2013 at 2:52 PM.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-24-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
I don't know much about these boats...just being a owner of a lowly 2008 210....but i am sure you checked out onlyinboards and saw the 4 for sale between $109 and $119, with the $119 ad saying consignment with seller wanting to sell fast. I am betting you an have any of these between $95 and $105. the 2 i looked at had like 28 hours and 45 hours on them. If you want to spend an extra $12 to 20k go ahead.

Yeah i know new, delivered to you, yada, yada. I think you are over paying. And I think only people that will think that is fair price are other people that bought a new g23.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-24-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
I don't think any of those have NSS or not. Really important to this buyer and I suspect its not a cheap piece. Probably offset those savings. If this person is financing at all, the rates will also be a half a point higher. And since he will be the second owner, I doubt it will affect warranty coverage, but it may affect the value if Nautique doesn't allow a third transfer to cover something like the hull at time of resale.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-24-2013, 4:40 PM Reply   
A friend of mine had a hard time selling his 12 for 100k, and it was pretty loaded with the 450. However, you don't buy a g23 if you care about losing your ass on depreciation.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-24-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
^^ That is true!!

Hey Zin, how do we know if the NSS is important or not??? He never even mentioned it.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-24-2013, 5:40 PM Reply   
He did in another thread.
Old     (DBurke)      Join Date: Sep 2012 Location: Tennessee       03-24-2013, 7:10 PM Reply   
Dealer at the boat show said NSS was a $2,750 option
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-24-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
The boat has NSS, which is crucial for me. It is Red, Black Metal Flake and white. Loaded with pretty much every option. Looking at the lower cost 550HP engine now. Anyone know if the 450HP is adequate? Interesting comments on the camera. It is over 2K. Looks pretty sik though. I like to watch the kids without cranking my neck all day so thought the camera was a good option. If tracks with the rope. I will likely delete the tripple axel and hope to move to the 550 if not too pricy. I am not intereseted in a used boat at this point so I am willing to take it up the you know what on depreciation. LOL. For new sounds like my price is very fair. Thanks everyone!
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-24-2013, 8:02 PM Reply   
The g23 is one fat hog. Apparently there was one last year at battle of the brands that couldn't get off plane with a lot of people and ballast. It had the 409. Since it weighs a lot more than most 24 foot boats, you might as well. One guy in here was saying 15+ GPH heavily weighted. Isn't it 5300 pounds dry?

Last edited by CarZin; 03-24-2013 at 8:07 PM.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
I think the 450 engine is adequate unless you are running above say 1000 ft elevation or like to add signifiant ballast beyond stock. I have not actually timed it, but our G23 with the 450 gets to speed in about 20 seconds when fully ballasted with say 4 to 5 people in the boat.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-24-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
That's a good price on a G with those options. I was quoted 119K in December for a 450HP blue/black/white G23 with every option (Z-5, heater, etc.) on a blinged out double axle BoatMate (No NSS). Unless you're running JD Webb ballast (dude runs 7K ballast in his all black G), then the 450HP engine is plenty adequate. Save the money and go double axle trailer and 450HP engine.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2013, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone know if the 450HP is adequate?
Yes, it's definitely adequate. In my opinion, you don't need to think about doing the 550 engine until you start adding upwards of 2000+ pounds of extra ballast. There is a fine threshold of what the 450 will move, and I've found that it's right around 2000-2300 of extra ballast, in addition the full factory.
Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-25-2013, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
The boat has NSS, which is crucial for me. It is Red, Black Metal Flake and white. Loaded with pretty much every option. Looking at the lower cost 550HP engine now. Anyone know if the 450HP is adequate? Interesting comments on the camera. It is over 2K. Looks pretty sik though. I like to watch the kids without cranking my neck all day so thought the camera was a good option. If tracks with the rope. I will likely delete the tripple axel and hope to move to the 550 if not too pricy. I am not intereseted in a used boat at this point so I am willing to take it up the you know what on depreciation. LOL. For new sounds like my price is very fair. Thanks everyone!

Here's some footage from the tower camera courtesy of N3 boatworks in Indy (Great guys) . . .

IMHO it isn't worth $2k+ Same composition all the time, the quality isn't bad but its not good

Take the cash and put it toward a couple gopros and a stabilized DSLR, and a nice WIDE mirror to save the neck! Good luck and great choice.
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-26-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
That's just a camera with a guide on it that attaches to the rope... I can make that for about $5
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       03-26-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
That's about what I was quoted here in Texas. I ended up saving actually about 30k and went with the MC x30. See my response to your post over in the Wakesurfing forum.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-26-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeders View Post
That's just a camera with a guide on it that attaches to the rope... I can make that for about $5
I'll buy a mount from you for $10. Actually, I've thought about making one but really haven't looked very hard into the parts required.

I know at least on the Tige camera system, the mount has some sort of gear or bearings in it that keeps the tracking smooth.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-26-2013, 8:01 PM Reply   
I have finalized my order and will sign off tomorrow. Thanks to the great advice from Cory and showing that link of the camera. That camera was a bad deal. I deleted it. I also changed to a tandem trailer from tripple. Saved like 5,500 and then added the XR550HP with the savings. My boat will be about 117K. I am very excited. Thanks to all for their help with this. Cheers!
Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-26-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeders View Post
I apologize in advance for nitpicking ... it's a little more than just a camera with a guide on it. I hate to go back to the N3 guys, but if you watch this video that showcases their demo g you will see its integrated into the tower/rope attachment point and the feed is fed directly into the linc screen.

at the 7:15 mark:

I still stand by my original opinion, it totally isn't worth it . . . you could do a lot with $2000 from a camera standpoint, especially since the linc system will still have the input for a video feed so really any camera and mount will work.

Also, this G has almost EVERY SINGLE OPTION so it is probably a good video to watch if you want a good walk-through!

Last edited by Fx4210; 03-26-2013 at 8:07 PM. Reason: options
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-26-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
We payed $119k for ours but ours is a coastal.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-26-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
It seems like we have paid similiar amounts all things considered. Good luck with yours. when is it arriving? Are you going to add weight?
Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-26-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
I have finalized my order and will sign off tomorrow. Thanks to the great advice from Cory and showing that link of the camera. That camera was a bad deal. I deleted it. I also changed to a tandem trailer from tripple. Saved like 5,500 and then added the XR550HP with the savings. My boat will be about 117K. I am very excited. Thanks to all for their help with this. Cheers!
Awesome, so glad to hear it! Congrats!!!