Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-17-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
Has anyone rode the new IS Mucus? I am thinking about getting rid of my current board (Shred Stixx Fish Stixx Xtreme) and upgrading to this board as I think it would be great for me. If you have rode it what fins did you use? What fins would make it easier to surf?

My boat has a small to medium sized wake (Tige 20i with 900# of ballast plus people weight)

I am 6'2'' and around 210#... skill= prolly beginner but i want to keep progressing as much as i can with my current boat (no extra cash for better boat)
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-24-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
i guess thats a no
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-07-2011, 5:33 PM Reply   
here's a clip of chris on the mucus from CMS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhcfMoUKSBI
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2011, 7:54 PM Reply   
Frank he makes that board look slow, I am guessing its a bit big for him? Made me nervous as I have a mucus sitting in its box ready to break out this weekend but I am probably 70#'s heavier than Chris is so I can probably work the board a bit easier.

When I talked to the guys at IS they told me it was one of the more popular boards at demo's prior to launching it.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-07-2011, 11:30 PM Reply   
jake i wish he was here so i could ask him that ...... he was only on that board for 2 falls and then that run ...... so the slowness you see could be him just getting used to the board ...... his first 2 falls were pretty quick!! he doesnt ride a skim board very much and it looks like he rides it like that video shows slow carving look very tentative
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-08-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
I'm 165 # and have been riding the mucus for the past month.
I'm nowhere near as good as Chris in that video, but I certainly don't feel like it's the board holding me back.

My 225# neighbor can ride the mucus - it's very versatile.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-08-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
A little vid Knuckledragger made of some of us on it. I like it, cuddos to the wife for not killing me for getting it

from codyb25 on Vimeo.

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-08-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
I was out with Frank on sunday and rode the Mucus. It is very fast down the line like all Inland boards, but doesnt have much drive when pumping (again, like other IS boards). That is why it looks slow on chris. He is used to pumping to gain speed from his Flyboy. I was able to get a 360 and some little airs on the Mucus. It was my first time doing a 360 and airs on a surf style board. This board definitely caters to first time surf style riders because it is fast down the line, easy to ride, and stable.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-08-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
cool video ..... i like all the different camera angles ..... especially wide of the boat
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-08-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Mitch, in your experience, which surf style boards offer more drive while pumping?
I've only ridden IS and the mass produced boards (broadcast,etc)

I may look for something to complement my mucus for change of pace
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-08-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Squeaky, any board with canted and toed in fins will offer more drive. The Inland Surfers (besides the flyboy) are designed for down the line speed.
The Shred Stixx Hazen and Inland Surfer Flyboy offer the most drive. That's why the guys getting big air are riding those. One or two pumps gives you so much speed.