Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-05-2011, 6:32 PM Reply   
We saw the Columbus Premier of Out of Place last week. Out of Place is a video Documentary of the Cleveland Ohio Lake Eire surf scene. Pretty cool and funny surf video.

Ron Kaplan, Mr. Surf Ohio helped Host and MC the viewing. After the viewing Ron acted as moderator and led audience questions for the producers and surfers.

Ron gave out three Surf Ohio door prizes. Out of the whole auditorium Carol on the Surf Ohio beach towel. A fun night out in C-bus.

There aren't many surfing opportunities in Ohio. So, I bought a copy of the DVD to enjoy at home a share with family and friends. Here's a link to the trailer: http://outofplacemovie.com/
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-05-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
See this link to see a nice Cleveland surf scene photo series. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamieyanak/
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-05-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
Everyone know about surfing the pipe line right? Check out this web site: http://thesewerpipe.blogspot.com/
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-05-2011, 10:33 PM Reply   
way cool!! when you got to go you got to go surf!!

ive seen a video of a xgame snowboarder surfing a wave in lake tahoe on a huge windblown day in the snow

me and my son have been surfing all winter and we have the bug real bad ........ going out on the boat wed afternoon for the first time since nov ....... but back in the ocean friday and saturday!! and then the boat again sunday ...... i cant wait to see what behind the boat is going to feel like

is the lake close to you to take a trip there show or are you going to plan one?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-06-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
Those guys kill themselves catching those waves.Good ones are few and far between sometimes.I watched them one day last year and I have to say those guys loved to surf.They're really working their butts off for a small reward.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-06-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
Jay, far as I can tell they have never wakesurfed. I spoke with Vince for a few minutes after the show. He knows about wakesurfing but never tried it. If I still had a boat I'd get those guys out for a set.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-06-2011, 10:14 PM Reply   
They can hook up with me this season if they want.I wakesurf right by where they surf all the time.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-07-2011, 5:33 AM Reply   
@ Jay,

I will bring up some boards this summer to demo when I go for my Parma trip.
Email me if you can.

Mark
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2011, 5:44 AM Reply   
@Mark sent you a PM
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-12-2011, 6:08 PM Reply   
Jay, when are you going to start surfing? Bigshow, anytime you want to surf call me, cell # 440-320-7581