Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
just wondering if anyone is making a marine grade hi def reciver. Got one in my car and love it.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
I don't really see (or hear) the point of HD radio. You still are stuck with the same crappy commercials.

Am I missing something?
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
no breaking up or losing stations
no commercials
hundreds of channels
around 30 cents a day, you cant tell me that is too much. between that and my ipod i am set
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-12-2007, 3:06 AM Reply   
No commercials...I was listening to a friends sat radio and a DJ was jumping in every other song talking some crap, just as bad as commercials.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
I'm going with a HD tuner for my Kenwood 5028 thats HD ready.

Crutchfield is a good place to look for the radio. They want 200 plus a 40 dollar rebate for the tuner. Thats the least expensive that Ive found.
Old     (rrbooker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-12-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
I like my Sirius radio! I can live with 30 secs of a DJ vs 3 mins of commercials! I also like the selection of music! The only thing that i don't like about it is you still lose sound quality! I notice The bass will cut out a little! I thought something was wrong with my amps, but then i played my ipod It sounds fine! Does anyone else notice that?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-13-2007, 5:12 AM Reply   
Ryan...your exactly right on losing sound quality. That is why I am not putting satellite radio on my boat. I have it in my truck, but when it expires...I don't plan on renewing it. I am sticking to MP3's and CD's. Even MP3 lose some sound quality because of the compression. Not real obvious with a higher setting for MP3. Unless you own a DJ Gear and your playing thru 5000 watts plus. Which I played a CD and the MP3 version back and forth and back and forth. There is quite a difference that is noticed. Plus..HD radio is coming out with commercial free stations as well. They will get their pay..from part of the sales of the HD units. Which the commercial free is just a computer broadcasting the signal with music and once in a while a station identifier. Pretty cool stuff coming.