Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    ajmac            05-04-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
a local board shop is going out of business and the entire store is half off. I am looking at a Jet Pilot Stance S/E Neo and was wondering if it is an alright vest. thanks for you help.
Old    ajmac            05-04-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
I forgot to add that the marked down price is $50 and change.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
I used to have one and didn't like it: non-segmented foam and pretty bulky. If you're looking for a CGA JP vest, CellBlock is a much better vest, IMO. Some people say the O'Neill Law is the best CGA vest of all. They're both more than $50 though.. This place got some sweet vests for around $50: http://www.evogear.com/outlet_results.aspx?bni=1453

I got the LF Team Comp vest from them and they have great customer service. The Team vest is great too, it's non-CGA, but keeps my head above the water just fine..
Old    ajmac            05-04-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
Thanks, I'll check them out
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
I've rode the JP Stance for 2 years and I love it!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
Aden, if it's the one you got in your profile pic it looks like you got the Non-CGA version of the vest.

AJ, I guess I just assumed you're talking about the CGA version since you didn't specify.. Are you?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
oop!.. the name is too close, I missed that part. Sorry!

Either way, I still love the one I have
Old    ajmac            05-04-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Alain, It is the approved version. Is there much of a difference?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2006, 11:13 PM Reply   
Check the Jet Pilot website to see.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2006, 11:25 PM Reply   
Check the manufacturer's site, like Aden said, but usually, yeah it's a pretty big difference. Many comp vests won't even keep your head above the water unless there's air in your lungs, which isn't very useful if you're knocked out. It also depends on your body composition; some people are more floaty than others. All in all, I would advise against a comp vest unless you're willing to accept the risk of drowning (although you can still drown with a CGA vest).. Another issue is getting fined. I'm still unclear whether it's illegal to ride with a comp vest so long as there are enough CGA vests in the boat to cover all riders/passengers.
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-05-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
If you want a good comp vest that will still float you the LF Watson is great. You may want to go down a size though. I am 6'1" 185 and my medium gets a little loose when it is wet but fits great when dry.

Watson is very similar to alain's team vest. LF overall is much better than the JetPilot's I have used.
Old    ajmac            05-05-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for your help