Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2005, 11:02 PM Reply   
Just finished with the system install in my "2001". I used components laying around my garage, so please don't knock the quality. I pretty much had to start from scratch as this boat did not have any sort of stereo in it at all. I will probably end up redoing the entire thing later this year when I replace the carpet, but for the time being...it rocks hard. I plan to get a couple of cans for the pylon in the near future.

Overall, I am pleased and it only took a couple of days working a couple of hours at night with the help of my 3 year old. She was a champ at helping me pull the power wires through the cable tubes.

Cheers

Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2005, 1:38 AM Reply   
Looks neat and tidy. Better than the install on my MC!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-13-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
Clean install, does the cd player skip when the sub hits hard being that it is mounted on the sub box?
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
Jason...exactly. The baffle that the HU is mounted to is screwed to the face of the sub box. I should of known it would do that. There wasn't many places to mount the thing w/o cutting glass. The radio and mp3 player should work for the time being.

Now I just need to find the remote.

And semi-auto ballast next. I just picked up one of those Rule 2000 bilge pumps at Academy yesterday for $49. I need to find that thread where the guy converted it for use with the sacs.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-13-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
Brandon, I am not too familar with the 2001s but it looks like you could make some brackets that would allow it to mount under the dash, again I don't know if thats a viable idea, but one worth considering if you haven't already
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
The dash is pretty thin. I thought about making some bracketry to cantilever it off of the support under the dash, but what I did was way easier and faster for the time being. I was trying to avoid drilling any unnecessary holes in the dash if I did not have to.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
If I not mistakin that is all my stuff right? I thought you were going to put the JL 12 in it and where did the REMOTE go? Set up looks clean.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-14-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
What JL 12? We have no JL. Any I have no idea where the damn remote is.