Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (shoe4hire)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-06-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
What do most people feel is the best boat for wakesurfing? I currently have a 05 Malibu LSV and the surf wave is good but requires a lot of weight and time to set up.

I am looking to see if there is a boat that has a great surf wave with out a ton of extra weight. I am surfing more and more as my knees are hurting more and more wakeboarding.

From what I can tell the Enzo is the best but I wanted to here some more opinions.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
I have a 2007 Tige 24Ve and I have about 250 hours on it, about 175 of that is surfing, it is pretty much all we do as a family now. I have 6 kids, 5 surfing, one too young. 4 are goofy, 1 is regular. I have 2 vdrive sacs (400lbs each) in the lockers and integrated bow sac up front (600 lbs). I also have 3 fat bricks to move around, we only use 2 when all of us are in the boat, and 3 if some are missing. We fill up ballast and use people and fat bricks to list over just right. We don't need the bricks, but it helps to put them in places people don't want to sit, and they can fill comfy for long hours of surfing. It makes a great wake on both sides, good height, clean, and long for recovery.

We surf about 11.6 on goofy side, and slow to about 10.6-11 on reg side. Those speeds seem the best for out boat and wake preference. The tige is great because of the convex v hull, it doesn't have a hook on the back of the hull, so at those speeds, it just sits deep. It is amazing how much the taps and hull work together to make an adjustable wake. If you bring taps down, it lowers the wake, and makes it longer, bring taps up, and the wake gets higher and steeper, but not as long. With the bow sac full, we have taps about 6, with less weight in the front, you need the taps down lower.

Don't take my word for it, my kids compete, and we practice a lot, here are recent pics practicing for a comp this past weekend.

http://gallery.me.com/ragboy#100230/IMG_0224&bgcolor=black
Old     (murphini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Ragboy:
Question on the rear lockers:
Do you run 1600# total, 800 on each side--Or--
do you fill 800# Starboard side for Goofy's, leaving port empty, then pump over the 800# to the Port side for your Regular leaving the starboard side empty?

We've got the 24ve and are dialing it in...slowly. Good point on different speeds for goofy and regular and taps settings for each.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
I have 400 on each side, and I fill both, on each side, I don't move them. Then I use people to list over, and the bricks. I do this because I have to switch sides a lot. I just purchased some pop bags, and plan to use them in the rear lockers with the sacs, so I ca n dump the bricks. So my main ballast, is basically level, and is also great for wakeboarding.

We have a lot of people weight, I am 300+ lbs, and there are always 8 of us in the boat, plus 2 bricks of 150 lbs each in those pictures.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Sorry, here is the link to the whole album of pictures, and you can visit the gallery for a ton more.

http://gallery.me.com/ragboy#100230&view=null&bgcolor=black&sel=4
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-06-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Murph,

Not 100% sure of ragboy's setup, but your 24Ve will like about 1400# on the surf side, none on the non-surf side, and some up front if you want to lengthen the pocket. Speed at atleast 11+ and TAPS about mid way, 4-5, to start.

Slow typer, there's his set up.

(Message edited by chpthril on August 06, 2008)
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
ok, I will be more clear, we always have the 2 vdrive sacs full, on BOTH sides, and up front full. So we always have ~1500 of EVEN ballast left/right before we start listing. I have a reason for that.

There is a point, if you list over too much, you may get a bigger wake, but not a better wake. If you list over too much, the face starts to get less clean, and it can get too steep, and you get a bigger curl, which makes recovery harder. Also, the swim step will start to dig in and break up the wake.

Our goal is a clean face, with a nice lip, and the curl to be as small as possible, or it will catch your ankles when recovering from bigger tricks.

So there is a list point, that is perfect, I have found on my 24Ve, it is usually when you list to the point where the swim step starts to make that LINE in the wake, then back off just a bit. So we use ballast on the WHOLE boat to get it to displace as much water as possible, then use people and bricks, soon to be pop bags to list it over to just the right point. This is why the bricks and pop bags can be so nice, so you can adjust them small amounts to get that list just right.

We also add about 100-150 lbs in the bow corner on drivers side when going goofy, it helps knock down the curl a bit, that is already very small on reg side.

Hope that is clearer.
Old     (murphini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
that is clearer.

I think the practical answer is ME TESTING MY setup. On paper, I'm trying to figure out how to switch from goofy to regular easily.

Also--thanks for the link--i'll look at pix at home on mac. the .mac gallery wants me to upgrade my browser.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
We switch to other side in minutes, people move to other side, and move the bricks, thats it.
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-06-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
I'm really loving our X15 wave.
I'll fill the stock ballast on whatever side we're riding, and add about 750 in the locker on that side and a 350 on the back seat. Works pretty good on both sides, and doesn't take very long to fill the few sacks we use.
We've tried putting weight up front, but it just makes the wave smaller.
Wave is nice on both sides, but I think the goofy wave is a little bigger.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Centurion Enzo, or Avalanche, best surf wake Ive seen, then again I havent seen them all, just my 2pennies.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
Travis,
I will add my 2 cents also. There are some great boats out there. For contests the Enzo is a good boat. It does have a down side though. It is only good on one side without a whole lot of work. My understanding is that at the Texas Championships the goofy boat had 3700 # of weight to make a wake that wasn't all that good. The regular side wake is outstanding. The Avalanche is a good boat on both sides I am told. We used the new Sanger V237 at the California State Championships and the wake was exceptional on both sides. Both boats we used were regular rotation props. The weighting is simple and the same for both sides. All ballast is under the hatchs and not hindering the people in the boat having to sit on or around the fat sacs. From what I have seen this boat is the best wakesurf boat on the market for ease of weighting and passenger comfort with an outstanding wake. I know that other companies are working on wakesurf boats and the future looks bright for our sport. I will be testing more boats in the near future as the AWSA compiles a list of contest boats for our sanctioned events.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
I noticed that on the worlds enzos, they kept putting more and more lead in that goofy boat. It was pretty nuts. Was the goofy boat at worlds RightSurf, or reg rotation prop?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Both of the boats owned by Wakeoutlaws and used in the contest are regular rotation. Great seeing you and the family this weekend.
RJ is really improving.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thanks, you too. I ordered those pop bags. Can't wait to try them, and get all my ballast hidden.

I wasn't in texas, but did notice huge amounts of weight needed in the goofy enzo at worlds in merced last year, was wondering if it was regular or rightsurf.

Why wouldn't wake outlaws get one rightsurf, if 1 is meant for goofy? Just curious if you know.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
Sorry I thought you were talking about Texas. The World's boats were one of each prop rotation wise. They used steel plates at the World's not sure how much though.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
NP, I know they borrowed a few hundred pounds of lead from my buddy. Tell bre we said hi.
Old     (gotwakex45)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-06-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
X-80....... best wake for surfing
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-06-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
2008 MB B52-23V

No sacks... No Pumps... No problems!

Less than one minute to fill/empty 2000lbs. All integrated ballast.

Seats ten adults comfortably. (another 2000lbs)

Surf doubles in high elevens.

Did I mention NO PUMPS :-)
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
Hey Tyler any pictures? Pretty expense boat for the masses IMO.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
I know - but its a cool shot!
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
opps!Upload
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-06-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
If we're gonna open this up to any type of boat, I'll have to say my choice would be the Cruisers Yacht 520. 52', 40k lbs, twin diesel, $1.2mil

Upload
Old     (solflower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
We have an 08 Centurion Enzo, bow ballast, starboard miship and rear ballast and an enzo sac on the port side. We flip 5 switches and wait 20 min and get pretty much the sickest wake i've seen.
No sacs on the seat, no 300lb friends sitting on the back lockers, we get an amazing wake with just a spotter and driver:

here is my girlfriend 15+ feet off the back of the swim deck:

Upload

Every time we take the boat out surfing we get all the other boats stopping to check our wake out with a sort of dumfounded "... how did they make their wake so big..." look. Add sideswipe exhaust and the new GPS controlled perfect pass I dont think there is a better wave making machine out there!

A few videos:

myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS6MMiwmH40

me and my girlfriend 2 boards 1 wake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAAfp7OsBm4&feature=related
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-06-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Both Wake Outlaws are regular footed. What would you buy? Todd and Ken also take great pains to make the boats identical. They held off adding FAE because they wanted both boats to be rigged the same way.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-07-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
I havent figured this weight thing out yet. We run 2 built in tanks tanks and a 260 bg in back corner and three people and thats it. and can ride 15 feet from boat and large wake. we run a 2008 240 Enzo
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-07-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'm with Dennis the V237's look sick from everything that I've seen. I have the V215 and it's the best I've been on so I gotta think the V237 is that much better. The nice thing is it's awesome on both sides. It will certainly be my next boat.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
I Don't have any contest pictures yet but here is a picture of the V237 wake.Upload
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Impressive, Solomon what speed you ride?
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-07-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
At the surf competition in Ohio, they've used my boat to pull Goofy for the past few years. It's a Centurion Avalanche with the Switchblade. Without the blade engaged it was the same washed out wave the Enzo threw, engaged at '2' and it cleaned up nicely. Port side is always a good wave on my Avalanche, and the Enzo seems to be able to handle a bit more weight,speed,length of pocket. Pro wakesurfer Drew Danielo has an Avalanche as his ride. He chose it over an Enzo. I think the key is the switchblade IMO.

When we pulled Goofy, the wave was clean but the pocket wasn't as long as the picture that Solomon has 2 pics above of the Enzo.

So I say for Centurion boats, if you only go Goofy get the Surfright option, if you only go Regular Foot than Enzo will be your best bet, if mostly regular but sometimes Goofy then the Avalanche with Switchblade.---note: I've never seen an Enzo with switchblade pulling Goofy so it may trump my Avy. I think Enzo with Blade would be the best combo. Brett Eisenhower demos an Enzo with Blade on the Switchblade's website. Check it out
I've seen some Tige 24v and Malibu with Wedge throwing very similar wakes to my Avy, but the length of the Enzo's I've yet to see beaten. Good luck.
Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
has anyone ridden behind a svfara? i've seen a couple vids and the surf wake was huge. one of the dealers up here in calgary sells them but rarely see them on the water around here
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-08-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
how is the avy without the switchblade on the port side?
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-08-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
The Avy on the port side without switchblade is still really good. If you fill all 3 stock ballast and the add about 400lbs to the port side and about 150 in the front and the wake will be super good. Plus whatever people you have in the boat. I was at a demo in Pa and we had like 13 people in the boat(AVy c4) and the wake was probably one of the biggest and cleanest I have ever seen
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-08-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
I agree the port AVY wake is stellar. The Starboard can be very good to. The most balanced port and starboard that I've seen, but I haven‘t seen that many.
Old     (solflower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2008, 1:14 AM Reply   
We usually ride between 10-11.5 depending on the ability level of the rider
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
Given a choice, would you say that the Avy with the switchblade has a better surf wave than the one without the switchblade. I am about to buy one too but I don't have a lot of experience regarding the switchblade.
Thanks
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-11-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
Why don't you try the boat both ways? The only way to see what kind of wake you will get is to test them both ways with surf ballast. Make sure you try both sides as well if you are going to use both sides.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Unfortunately we don't have a dealer who has the switchblade so I will have to rely on people on the site to assist me.
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-20-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
I have a 2003 Avy, I run Stock Ballast on either side + Stock Center Ballast + 1 350lbs in locker + 540 in floor + 350 in in bow. And the surf wake is equally incredible on both port and starboard sides.
Old     (darryl)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-20-2008, 10:43 PM Reply   
I have an 08 MC X-35... Great wake. New boat for MC this year.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-21-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
honestly i find the best boats for wakesurfing are the 2007 VLX and the 23ft. MB B52. They both surf really well on both sides, which is key. I have to say that the MB tops it all because of the ballast thats under the floor 1000 lbs on each side running from the back of the boat up to the passenger and driver. with the flip of a switch you can go from one side to the other. If I got a boat strictly for surfing and wanted the flexibility of surfing both sides, then I would have an MB B52. No lead or extra sacs needed and the wake is great on both sides. The new VLX is great but requires extra ballast so therefore loses a couple points.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-21-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
the pop products bags make a huge difference. i use 16 of them and fly high fat sacs for a killer wake.

we tried a new board last week from quiver and i was 16'back at 15.5 mph... craziest/fastest i have ever rode..
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-21-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
MB B52 for sure! Open the 'flood gates' and in less than a minute add or dump thousands of pounds. Even when totally slammed with people and ballast the swim platform never drags, screwing up your wave. Plenty of get up and go when loaded. In gel graphics, top notch appolstery (kneel on other boats seats and see how fast the MB's return to normal). Awesome Warranty! Flat out the most convenient surf boat!!!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-21-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
The 'Flood Gates' are where surf boats are heading. I hate dealing with sacs to fill, so I plumbed huge Enzo sacs under the seats. Takes a bit of time but we just lounge while the boat goes full tilt.

Pop bags??? 16 of them, seriously??? Yeh if I want to spend an hour filling up 16 sacs. Moving them around is good but that's just way too many sacs.

A lot of choices for you. What dealer is by you will probably make the difference.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Yes, flood gate ballast is a great idea.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-21-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
joe b,

pop bags are 40 lb bags of lead shot. a little quick math (thinking in head (drop the seven,,,, carry the nine...)) that's like two thousand pounds!!!
Old    surfdad            08-21-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
CR you are too funny drop the seven, carry the nine - sounds like g/f's in high schhol. :-)
Old     (moosemac81)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-17-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
here is my 06 mb b52 TEUpload
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
I've done tons and tons and tons of research into this exact question. I have come to the conclusion that there are alot of boats that will throw a pretty good waves, and alot that throw good or great waves on one side. They just take time to dial in. Some throw amazing waves on both sides! Here is my personal list. My personal goal is to have most if not all ballast hidden. Flyhigh can make custom sacs and here are what each can fit with custom sacs and boats that a proven to throw good waves on both sides

Malibu VLX(enzo sac 1480#)
Avalanche C4(Custom enzo type sac 1680#)
Typhoon C4 (Custom enzo type sac 1680#)
Sanger V230 (Custom V-drive sac 880#)
Sanger V237 (Custom V-drive sac 1100#)
Tige 22V (Custom Enzo type sac 1880#)
Tige 24V (Custom Enzo type sac 1880#)
Supreme V226 (no idea)

This is alot of weight to run, and you would need to run a bow ballast bag with most of these boats, but I've seen some amazing waves come from these boats. Hope this helps
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
My favorites are the Tige 24v 2003-2005 and the Typhoon C4 2002-2009. They both super deep V's and both throw great-amazing waves on each side.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Upload2005 cyclone
Upload
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
James wave does look pretty darn good, but he is running a crazy amount of weight, which I personally think is reckless. Look at the last picture and water is going to come in his compartment. Water weight is way better than lead, because it is neutrally bouyant once submerged. I think he said he is running like 3000+ pounds. His wave is very similar to my buddies 22v that has about 1300 in the back corner. He gets barreled all the time.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Hey duffy I want to see some pictures of your buddy getting barreled,put some photos up,Id be stoked to see other people doing it,yeah it is reckless,but i had a guy cutomize it to not take in water and pump it out,my friend who works on my boat,also builds racing boats and knows alot of things to avoid me getting in trouble at least we hope.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
Yeah i dont use lead.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
I will tell you one thing it took alot of time and money to make that wave,My wife was ready to kill me, when I started building that boat ,I spent so much setting it up that think I might have to live on the boat.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       02-17-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
That neutral bouyant thing is a myth. That engine back there is not going to float. The only way to not sink would be to fill the hull with enough foam to compensate for the weight of the engine. If anything the lead might be easier to get out of the boat quickly. It would scare me also to be one pump failure away from sinking.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
duffy ive only seen one other barrel behind a boat and we took two boats to do it and it was super dangerous,when you do that one you better have life insurance for everyone on the boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
I can dig up some pictures, and wakesurf magazine did a whole article on getting barrelled behind a boat. I don't know the exact isssue, but it was the one when Surfdads son James was on the cover. It takes some weight, but we get a similar wave(if not better) to the pictures above. I just think having water almost flowing into the locker is reckless. We get a full barrel with 7 people on the boat, 1300 in pounds of sacs in the 22v locker and a bow sac about 3/4 full so say 400 pounds. But this is still alot of weight, but the Tige's have a high top cap, so I sleep a little better.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Dennis
For some reason I thought boats were designed to float neutral if they took on water? Just basically sit there sunk but not sink to the bottom? I think lead is fine, but people on this site say they run thousands of pounds and that seems pretty crazy to me.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       02-17-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
Boats used to be built that way but our boats will sink without any additional ballast. If they take on enough water. The problem with running a lot of lead is that it is very concentrated. Wakeboarders have a bigger problem with lead bars as they are very hard and when they do double ups the lead can cause damage. The best lead bags would be soft but heavy ( not solid bars) The ones we used at Castaic were padded and not bars. Crazy to me is sacs all over the boat and no place to sit. I myself only run 500# lead.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
I like having sacs hidden:-) Only when we have a small crew, do we put sacs on the seat. My buddies tige 22v, believe it or not, throws a crazy big tall fast wave with 1300-1400 pounds all hidden in the back corner and 7 people. I will try to dig up pictures tomorrow.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
yeah duffy I have a cap on mine and all those barrels in wakesurfmag are shots of my boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
Cap on what? Total weight? And cool shots!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-17-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
@duffy

I would be careful with saying "reckless". It seems clear he is nuts, but seems he would be the first to admit it.

Of all the pictures I have seen I usually see some type of PFD, and adults only on a small lake with smooth conditions. Prob mostly mid week, maybe not. But if someone wants to risk his property, like his $60k boat, I guess that's his decision. Doesn't seem to be endangering anyone else. I mean, is it more dangerous than just doing some of wakeboard tricks we have seen behind our boats? Sinking slowly at 12mph doesn't seem like the most dangerous you can do.

But hey, I could be wrong. I do laugh when I see that water coming up to the vinyl. Sure makes for good pics.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
yeah that boat featured in that article was my boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
Here is a picture where you can see the barrel, I will try to find one with him getting barrelledUpload
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
Robert, if you sink in my lake during the time when the water is still cold(most of the time), people could drown or die before help could arrive. My lake is huge, some of the spots we ride are like 20-30 minute boat ride just to get to, and you don't get cell service.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-17-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
Well, I am sure James could defend himself. I don't think that would be an issue where he surfs in CA.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
Yeah, we def have different weather up north:-)
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
thats a nice wave,duffy,thats sounds like my kind of lake.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
yeap, robert you know how we do it in cali,always trying to find the biggest waves.where s lake oroville in cali north or south, I heard thats a sic lake.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-17-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
Its north east of you, its a nice lake, and very large. 2nd only to Shasta in CA.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-18-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
"I would be careful with saying "reckless". It seems clear he is nuts, but seems he would be the first to admit it.

Of all the pictures I have seen I usually see some type of PFD, and adults only on a small lake with smooth conditions. Prob mostly mid week, maybe not. But if someone wants to risk his property, like his $60k boat, I guess that's his decision. Doesn't seem to be endangering anyone else. I mean, is it more dangerous than just doing some of wakeboard tricks we have seen behind our boats? Sinking slowly at 12mph doesn't seem like the most dangerous you can do.

But hey, I could be wrong. I do laugh when I see that water coming up to the vinyl. Sure makes for good pics."

That is all fine, what about the environmental effects of sinking a boat?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Wakedoc, I wish I could get an enzo, I just have to have a boat that is easy and fast to switch from goofy to regular. We switch like 8-10 times on a long day. I freaking hate moving sacs pumps etc.... On my lake if you sink you have to pay a fine for environmental impact:-)
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-18-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
Get a Typhoone its a 23 Avalanche doesnt take as much weight as a Enzo on the DARK side
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
The Typhoon and the Tige 24v are my favorite boats as of right now. Older Typhoon C4's seem rare, I can't find many for sale.