Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (mlindie)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
We are new to the wakeboard boat world, but not boating. We live near Lake Mead and are considering two boats. A 2006 Centurion Elite and a 2007 Moomba Mobius LSV. Like both dealerships. The Moomba dealer is just a few blocks away and seemed great to work with. Centurion dealer was good as well. The boats are about $6,000 apart in price, with the Centurion being more. Our 16 year old son and his friends love to wakeboard, surf etc. My husband skis. The water on Lake Mead is rough at times, great others. So which one???? Like them both, good ride on both, Moomba has more ballast, nicer sound system, cruise control other than that they seem comparable. Need expert advice ) Thanks!!!
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-24-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
The moomba is a way better boat
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-24-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
I've had a great experience with my Centurion, I definitely would do it again.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=951

I've been in a Moomba seemed like a good boat.
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-24-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
I have an 05' Centurion Elite with only good things to say about it. Not a single issue with 175 hours. Check profile for pic. Both are probably great boats. Sit in and drive both. $6,000 will be not that big on an issue over the corse of the loan. Lets us know what you end up getting.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-24-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
I bought an 07 Avy (same hull) 8 months ago. I have been in alot of WB boats and my boat by far cuts the chop the best. My dealer also sells Moomba's and I was not impressed with the looks of their boats. Like Neil said, you have to demo both boats - big investment not to.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-24-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
Michelle - I have to be careful here because one of my best friends has a Centurion Elite V, so Im not bashing. I have had Moomba and now promo for Supra. You will like either boat. But Im gonna say go with Moomba on this one because:

2007 over a 2006
$6000 is alot Money
More Ballast Bigger Wake when used
Deeper/Wider Boat
Engine/Transmission probably has 1 yr longer factory warranty
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-24-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Centurion/Merc Warranty is 2 years.
Old     (mlindie)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the advice. I think we have decided on the Moomba. It came down to features, and dealership service. The only thing we need to decide on now is if we are going to take the one on the lot, wait for the new they have coming, or build our own. Anyone know how long it REALLY takes if you order one from the dealership?
Thanks again
Old     (mlindie)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Here is a picture of our old boat with our dog and his pet. Husband hasn't decided rather they are allowed on the new boat or not....I don't think they will stay home.Upload
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
My family ordered a Supra Launch 22 SSV two weeks ago and our receiving date is slated for June 11, with the spray date being on somewhere around May 21. I believe that both Supra and Moomba hulls are built on the same line so I would say if you ordered one you are looking at the middle to end of June at best.
Old     (zabooda)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2007, 1:48 AM Reply   
Michelle,
Moomba has a great message board with a lot of info with answers to your question. I have a 98 Mobius and I've enjoyed it. Good luck.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/index.php
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-25-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
You will be happy with your decision. We just picked up our new LSV about a week ago and we LOVE it. We picked up one that was in stock, so the wait was not due to the build time. We let the dealer store it for free for us for a month before we took delivery as it was still too cold.

Upload
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-25-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Its hard to beat the new Mobius, look at how roomy the inside of the boat is.

But either boat would be great.

(Message edited by wakesetter101 on March 25, 2007)
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I am on my second Moomba. You made the right choice! Moomba is a better boat, IMO. You will be very happy!
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-26-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
Michelle,
If the boat on the lot has all the features you want, I would tend to go for that one. Waiting to see what comes in that isn't already ordered sounds chancy at best. Ordering one now would probably put you behind all the folks that ordered during the Jan/Feb boat shows. Each dealer is "slotted" on when he can get boats built so you ought to be able to see what slot the dealer could put you in if you order. However, you might be able to get a better deal on the one on the lot since I would guess the dealer is paying interest on that one and could be incented to get it out of his inventory. Good Luck.