Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wake_ryder)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-10-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
I know this forum is inundated with similar questions, but my situation was not covered... any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2005 Moomba Mobius LSV and am trying to set it up properly to wakesurf. I know I need to be approx. 9-11 MPH and I need to cram a bunch of people / weight on one side of the boat.

What I don't know is:

1. do I fill all of my ballast bags? I have Bertha Ballast, Center and two Rear bags. Right now, I fill the center one and only ONE of my rear bags.

2. what do I do with my wakeplate? To I trim it up, down, etc.?

I mainly tried on the driver's side, just so I could take advantage of the driver's weight. I also have additional fat sacks that I can take with me (if I knew the best way to place them for optimum wakesurfing wake). I have tried experimenting, but am just stabbing in the dark. Please help!
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-11-2005, 12:07 AM Reply   
I have a 2005 supra launch 22ssv and we fill both rear sacs but not the middle and put the wake plate all the way up and make everyone sit on one side of the boat. Hope that helps.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hey Rich, I've got an 04 Supra SSV and I use a different weight configuration than Tyler, thought I'd give you another option. I have the gravity games sacs in the rear so instead of filling both sacs like Tyler, I just fill up the left sac back there (500lbs), plus I have 250 lbs in lead that I put in with the sac in the back left. I fill up a 500 lb sac on the left in the middle of the boat and make everyone sit on the left side. All of that gives me the size I like for the wave. I also fill up the 500 lb front ski locker sac, which helps clean the wave up and lengthen it. Here's a picture of it
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
i have a moomba outback, i know it's a completely different boat but i run a 540 sac in the rear, a 350 sac on the side and a 350 sack in the front and like 5 people on the side and the wave is perfect at 10mph
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-24-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
We went out last week and put 400lbs in the left rear locker, had a guy about 185lbs sitting on top of it and three people sitting on the same side of the boat and are wave was a good 4 feet and could easily ride withough the rope. The blast was full also about 700 lbs in the middle