Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    warpspasm            08-18-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hey everyone!
I'm new to wakeboarding so I'd like some help fixing my board...
Well, this weekend my board (Liquid Force Team) hit something in the water, right on the rail at the tip, so it split the sandwitch a bit, not too bad, but i guess it gotta be fixed.

Originally I was thinking of taking it to a shop to be fixed, but after looking at it again - I think it just needs some glue and pressure to put the sandwitch together again.

So, my question is, can someone recommend a type of glue to use to fix the sandwitch and perhaps anykind of overcoat that would be needed.

Thanks guys, any help appreciated :-)
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-18-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Personally, I would just pay the expert. I have had no experience fixing boards, but thats my 2 cents.
Old    shiftywakeskate            08-18-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
fiberglass resin
Old    ricktrav            08-20-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
i use a 2 part epoxy called 5 min epoxy it was recomended by wakesports. i bought the smallest kit for about $5.00 and have fixed many boards. its sandable and if you wanted i would think theres gotta be a way to add color. it drys clear and can be bought at wood shops
Old     (gnarkill)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-28-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
Mark Anderson, this is by far one of the best suggestions on Wake World I have ever heard. Congratulations.