Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Im sure theres been a million threads on this i just havent found any. MY biggest fear with these, is jamming my toes coming off some toeside jumps like sliding out. ANy have this happen to them> or are they pretty good about not doing it.
Old    wakebmxer            05-14-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
You ever jam your toes in your snowboard boots or your work boots? They are the real deal. Open toe is a thing of the past. Closed toe are here to stay,
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
I haven't rode the closed toe models however a week ago while out with Weatherall there was a guy that had a cast/splint over two toes from exactly that a toeside double up while wearing the shane's. He was pretty bummed. I have crashed a few times where my foot has jammed its self really far into my boot and the other half of my foot was sticking out of the hole so i can image it happening easily. They look good but saftey is more important. Im sure many others who have them will tell you different. Good Luck.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-14-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
I have the murrays, and my left foot used to always slide out of my 05 alpha's, now it never happens(7 rides so far) I have felt my foot slide just barely when it would have came out before.
Old    wakebmxer            05-14-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
I have slide my toes into the front a little but it didnt hurt. I think it would have been worse if my foot slide through all the way through. That has happened on other open toe bindings and that really hurts. Get the closed toe. I have the murrays and I ride them a little loose and they still hold great and are very flexibleUpload
Old    wakebmxer            05-14-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
I have slide my toes into the front a little but it didnt hurt. I think it would have been worse if my foot slide through all the way through. That has happened on other open toe bindings and that really hurts. Get the closed toe. I have the murrays and I ride them a little loose and they still hold great and are very flexible
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-14-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
I've ridden in the murrays and I nought the 3ds (just cause of the wider foot bed, or so it seemed).. And I can honestly say that I don't thinkg I am EVER going to wear an open toed boot ever again, these things are awesome! When I was at the boarding school I asked shaun about what u guys are stalking about with jamming toes and he told me about a guy who his whole foot when through on open toed boots and he broke his leg. Shaun made a good point that worse case scenario you break a toe or two, rather break a toe than a leg. They're super comfy too. Like... more comfy then my snowboard boots. I'm curious to see the '07 line up for boots, see if more of the bindings go to a closed toe.
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
do your feet get wet or do they stay dry? cuz it seams like it'd get pretty hot and sweaty in them things
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-14-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
i don't know if they get wet, but i do know they have drains in the bottom.
Old     (djustice)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-15-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
They get wet, no problems with feet getting hot or sweaty. I think if the boots fit correctly you will not have a problem with jamming your toes. I have the 06 murrays and my foot has slid forward once in them, but because the boots fit properly, my foot didnt have much room to slide. If I would have been wearing my old bindings, my foot would have slid out the front, maybe causing me to lose control. Might be a problem though if you have really wide feet and you have to get them where they are longer than needed.