Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-24-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
I just bought an extended pylon off Ebay, after receiving it and looking at it seems like the pole only slides over the existing pole like a foot & 5 inches. I was under the impression that it goes all the way over down to the floor. This is a concern because its for my 89 Supra Comp and the pylons on those are tapered in towards the top. So I would it would be very lose
fit. Any one else have this problem or have any suggestion. Also is putting an extended pylon on there going to scratch the existing one up?
Old     (cam892001)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-24-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
It only goes down roughly that much on the existing pylon on my 89 2001 Nautique. Don't worry about it, it is supposed to be that way. After you tighten the bow strap down, it won't move a bit. You may have to tighten it up a notch or 2 after you ride because it may stretch a little. I put a small piece of cut up t-shirt on top of my existing pylon b/f I put the pole on top. It cuts down on the scratches that you may get.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-24-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
Here is a pic of the pylon out of a catalogue, notice it doesn't go to the floor. When I had mine I think it when down about somehwhere around a foot, my pylone tapered a bit at the top and I had no problems. They are a little loose when you slide them on, but tighten right up when you tighten the cable

(Message edited by skibum69 on June 24, 2005)
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-24-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
I have one on my 94 Sport Nautique. I bought mine in the diameter that fit over the pylon. I think there were 2 diameters available. Mine goes to the floor and has a mesh sleeve that fits over the pylon (between it and the pole) to prevent any scratching. Once tightened there's no play in the pole.
Old    andystrawn            07-08-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
take the ski eye off and it will go to the floor