Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-21-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
thanks
feeling the burn today!
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-24-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
How's everyone doing? Week 2 Phase 2 for me. Had a great week so far, solid workouts, perfect nutrition (making up for last weekends Golf/Drink outing).

Need to make it through this weekend clean!!

Kevin--always nice when people think you got sick to loose weight, when it reality it's just simply hard work and healthy living!! Keep it up.

I have not done Kenpo in a long time, have ussually subed it out for an Insanity workout, plan on doing it tomorrow, and then maybe Insanity Sunday.

Have a great weekend all.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Go Doug! I've prolly gained a couple of pounds over the past few days due to comfort food and sitting on my azz due to sinus surgery. I can't wait to get going again. Hopefully, I can start sneaking in some light workouts this weekend.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2010, 5:53 AM Reply   
I love me some kenpo!!!!!!!!!!!!..It is my favorite by far!..so far.... I just started recovery week! I tell you what though yoga is paying off. I really think it helped me out on the water yesterday. Not only with getting more flexable with my grabs but when I wrecked it didnt seem to hurt as much. Plus it was yoga nite when I got home and really helped me to stretch out after along day of riding.
I too must admit my diet has been slipping not real bad but not where it should be either. Beer intake waaaaaay to high..soo I have to cut back on that for sure. Do you guys follow the nutrition guide? I have been going with has been working for me since I changed in feb of this year. Basic caveman diet..if it was not here 5000 years ago I dont eat it. High protien lower carbs.No white rice no white potatoes and I eat wheat pasta. I was addicted to sweet tea and have pretty much weaned myself off of that. i was drinking almost 2gallons of sweet tea every day. Now I have just one glass at dinner not nearly as sweet either.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Oh Boy! I just previewed Core synegystics! I am affraid! Pray for me.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-26-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Kevin, you're doing awesome! Stay with it!

I have probably said it before, but I have learned that I can eat more of what I like and still have slow weight loss due to the increased muscle mass and workouts. So, it's a double edged sword. While my weight loss has slowed, I am able to stick with it. This past week, of inaction and wanting comfort foods, I learned how quickly I can slide back into my old habits. Bingeing! I have to learn to stop it and stay eathing 70-90% clean even when I don't work out.

Even though the doc said do nothing till I see him again, I still did StretchX today. It felt great and it was just right for loosening up and getting prepped to get back into the "grind" tomorrow. Even though I have done YogaX and even StretchX in the past, I still felt kind of goofy doing it. However, I know it does work and it is stretching that keeps me limber and more injury free. Now tell me Kevin: Did you find yourself wanting to loosen up, before your wakeboarding, with shoulder rolls, arm circles and calf and quad stretches?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
LOL no. I had the great pleasure of cleaning my boat interior for 2hrs before going to the lake...so I was plenty warm and shoulders and arms were good. My boat cover was 7 yrs old and shreaded on me so my boat sat outside for 10 days with no cover. My brand new interior was trashed! Tree sap is a a bitch to get off! My interior needed a deep cleaning so I got out there at 7am and cleaned it. Back to looking like new again. I would have much rather done some shoulder rolls and arm circles!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
Starting week 5 (phase 2 ) today. Recovery week was nice..now its time to see what I can do I am really going to step up this round and see what I am made of. Seeing results and of course I want more/faster/better results so I have the techniques down now I am going to see how hard I can push.
ARX still sucks I really feel like a P.O.S when trying to do this workout but I am getting better and really need help there so I will keep pressing play on that biach!
In just 30 days the yoga as come along way for me. I still dtrugle witht some of the balance posture moves but I can really feel the difference it is making in my overall flexability and really helps with all the other work outs.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-02-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
You're still doing great and I'm still sucking. I have had a hard time getting going again after a rest (chore) week and my surgery. Gonna try starting this week to finish my first 90 days and then start round 2. Gonna try doing ARX and yoga this time. I lost reps on every exercise due to a 2 week hiatus.
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-04-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
I was on week 4; fractured my fibula wakeboarding this weekend. I go to ortho in a few hours for my cast/boot. Really bummed........
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-05-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
So sorry to hear that Joe. I hope all goes well and you recover fast and full buddy..keep your head up man. I thought I had a bad weeknd when I took a kneeboard to the face and cut my cheek but I guess you out did me. Well again sorry to hear about your injury and I hope all goes well.
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-05-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
Thanks Kevin! I'll start doing some weight training (upper body and left leg) next week. The good news is they didn't put a cast on. Just a brace and crutches.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-05-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
Joe, sorry to hear about that. I fractured my tibia some years ago. It took much more time to heal than I thought. Don't be discouraged and hang in there.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2010, 5:12 AM Reply   
You guys still bringing it!! I am kinda pissed at myself....after some hard crashes and cut face from a bad kneeboard wreck...half the lake up my nose I felt like crap all week. Missed 2 days of P90x last week and it sux! Feeling better now and going to try and get back on track this week Today is day 1 week 7 and I have to keep pressing. I really am not seeing the changes I thought I would/wanted to see. There have been changes but I feel with the amount of time I put in it should be more/better. Ok I will stop crying now and get back to working out! Just needed to vent!
ARX is my biggest hurdle. I am really starting to HATE this mofo! The first 3 moves in this video KILL my lower back! Am I doing something wrong or am I just a week fat azz with an out of shape core and this will get better over time.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-17-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
My sinus surgery and stress at work derailed me from the final phase. Instead of trying to get going again and finish it, I'm just going to start over. Last Wednesday, I told my wife that I had planned to start over tomorrow (Monday) and she said that she was going to be on board too.

Kevin, I'm not sure about your back pain. However, I know I had issues when I had injured myself early in phase one, but I do recall that my back felt fatigued very quickly doing some of the moves. If this is what you're feeling I think it is just weakness. To me, it's just like doing pull ups. You can do 1, then 5, then 10. Same with the ARX moves. Your using muscles you don't typically use in your day to day activities and it'll get better with time..... but, I could be wrong.

I think this time, I am going to try to be truer to my diet and perhaps replace one meal a day with a protein shake. This'll be the first time I have done this, but I think it'll help with some weight loss and perhaps give me some much needed protein. We'll see. You hang in there and keep bringing it. If I had stayed on track myself, I would have just finished my final week and my first round.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sinus surgery is tough . I knew that it would be tough to get through P90X after that. But hey your not quiting just going to start again so thats what counts. Big ups to the wife for getting in on the fun!t really its about doing what you can do and not trying to keep up with them IMPO. I just go after my #s from the time before.
If I could do it over again Ithink I would start out doing the lean program. I think I was still a little heavy when I started(well still am just not as much). I will be done at the end of november. I am going to step away from P90X for dec. not stop working out I will do my kettle worx dvd and lift weights. Then Jan 1 I am going to do the lean program and see if I cant shed this last 15-20lbs.
I also need to get back to a better diet. Still not real bad just been having to much sugar. My Doc told me low carb high protien. So I have been trying to keep up with that. I try to eat atleast 175G of protien/day and under 100 carbs. Like everybody else carbs are hard to avoid.. I love ceral and they are packed with them..So I really need to get back to my egg white omlets.
I got P90x from my neighbor but she could not find the nutrion guide so I dont really have that to follow. I may just pick it up on ebay if she cant find it.
Stick with it I need you and I am here for you!

Last edited by kko13; 10-17-2010 at 8:29 PM.
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-18-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
Kevin, Kills by back as well. I'm two weeks into my recovery. It's been worse than I thought. I am going to the gym tonight for a little upper body resistance training . I have to do something.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear the recovery is not going good. It will get better. Yeah I would try and do a little something just to keep things limber. Obviously with a bad leg it will be tough so just take it easy and do what you can without hurting yourself. Before you know it you will be back to P90X .
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-08-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
What up boys...You guys still pressing play!? I am in week ten and still seeing slight gains but of course wanting more. Really only lost a couple of pounds but can see some changes in the size of my arms and chest.
I finally broke down and got a heart rate monitor. You guys use one? What do you guys avg. during a workout? I avg 153 on plyo last nite.and 144 on kenpo the other day. I think this is pretty good I am 41yrs. old and when reading the guide that came with the meter i would say I am avg. condition. So this was in the range it suggested for weight loss. Thoughts.......suggestions.......comments.
Back and bicaeps 2nite..........BRING IT!
HOPE YOU GUYS ARE STILL PRESSING PLAY AND BRINGING IT! If not Tony will come to your house and kick your butt!
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-09-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey!!! this is awesome... i came over to this thread to see if anyone had starting something on P90X. I'm in Phase 2 week 1 of my first of hopefully many rounds. I's 5'8" and started at 208 lbs. I'm down 10 lbs and one full waist size (36 down to 34!) I didn't like the recovery week as i felt like i wasn't doing enough. the tough ones for me are ARX -- god i hate mason twists!!! but i managed 30 of them yesterday morning. I've gone from 3 full pullups to 7 now whereas off the start i was so intimidated i used the chair all the time. I've been following the nutrition plan to about 85% so far. The first 3 weeks is was 100% faithful but the recovery week i fell off a little bit and ate and extra helping of carbs on some meals. I'm feeling better and stronger but not really seeing any changes to my body yet other than my face looks like it's lost some of the roundness. I'm committed to the process and would much rather hang out here than on the beachbody website!!

Geoff
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-09-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
wow- this thing is still going and stoked that it is. i'm just starting, again... for the first time. last year i started out, got really sick and then couldn't get it back into my routine due to my crazy work schedule. i just started back up yesterday- with massive support from my wife. just wrapped up day 2, almost needing that bucket! felt great tho. still sore from yesterday and looking forward to tomorrow! bound and determined to get into shape for christmas, and more importantly to not fall into the 'overweight and under 35 group' so many of my friends are in. more posts to come-
ray
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-10-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
right on Ray... giver hell!!!! i did Plyo last night and then did ARX this morning... managed to keep up with the video on ARX but could only do 30 mason twists at the end.... i have to say i actually enjoy plyo... wierd i know but what the heck.

Geoff