Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-04-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
I ride a ronix covin with one boots one the wake, and the wake is what i ride 90% of the time.

But im getting an annual pass this summer to OWC so im gonna be riding cable probably twice a week.

I really wanna get a slingshot response but i dont want to spend money on a set of slingshot bindings when i have some great bindings already!

Is it true that using bindings that arent slingshot will screw up the flex of the board?

NEED OPINIONS!!
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-05-2008, 4:00 AM Reply   
BS. I have had my Ones, Byerley's and Transits in my response. The board rides the same except for the difference in binding feel. Make sure you either use washers or get shorter screws. The One screws are too long for the Response.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-05-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
They work great. Just get shorter screws or add a washer.
Upload
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-05-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
ok thanks guys..i guess saying the ronix boots would screw up the flex is just marketing to get you to buy board and bindings from them
Old     (kylenautique)      Join Date: May 2008       11-05-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Using different boots other than slingshot boots will take some of the flex out of the tip and tail. The tip and tail flex the most on the boards. This is because the traditional boot style plates stick out farther then the slingshot mounting 4 hole mounting system. It makes the board ride a little stiffer.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-05-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
^^^ like kyle said ^^^

i think "screw up" would be an exaggeration. but with that said, the 4 hole system was in part to take FULL advantage of the flex... even if it only amounts to be a small percentage in the end.

Their inserts are also independent of each other (i.e. not a line of inserts attached to a ridged metal plate). So, even for those that don't use the 4-hole they have done what is possible to make the ride flexy-nice