Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
i was thinking either the marek or the sub six or possibly the monarch i was wondering what you guys thought i like a board that is very light and has a lot of pop. as for the boots i dont really have any idea what i should get. i just wanted to get some opinions before i spent all of this money
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-26-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
my recommendation is one of the 09 ronix boards..i ride an 08 covin and love it.
i demoed one of the dark core models (the DHV2 to be specific) and it was easily the best board ive ever ridden, felt the same as the one when riding but when in the air it was so light spins were effortless.
Ive heard nothing but good things about the marek, and the only bad thing about the sub six ive heard is thats its almost too light. spins are too easy to overrotate causing nasty edge crashes.

for the boots again 09 ronix - the lightest boots ive ridden, the most responsive, and very comfortable.

I also have a pair of barely used 08 CWB answers for sale that are really great boots (light, easy to get into, nice and flexy, but still responsive) and ill let those go for $150 if you dont want to spend the amount that bindings are going for these days.
I have a post in the for sale section for pictures.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-26-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
If you are looking for light and a lot of pop get the sub six. It has incredibly soft landings too. The only thing I didn't really like was that it was so light it would be affected by every little wave or bump so it makes riding in really choppy water more difficult which is the only time I rode it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-26-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
what is the current board your on. its hard to recomend one of those boards to you because they are all different in the way they ride
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
right now im riding a hyperlite imperial
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
i also wanted to know what size i should get i was thinking just get the biggest the board is made im 6 foot 5 and weigh like 190
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-27-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
If your a bigger guy (like me, 6 foot 220) I would go for either the marek or the monarch. The sub 6 is great and I ride it on rails but I dig the marek and monarch on the wake. The Marek is super poppy and has super soft landings and it was made for bigger guys. The 09 sub 6 does have a sick look to it though. you really can't go wrong with any of those boards!
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
the 09 monarch looks pretty sick as well im most likley going to go with the marek or monarch because the sub 6 i feel is harder to ride on choppy water and ill be riding mostly on choppy water
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-27-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
I would recomend the 56 monarch. Really fast, holds really well when on edge but loose when flat and has a ton of pop
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-28-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
How about boots...i have a bad ankle and i was wondering if there was anything that would help me not injure it again
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-28-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
I have a 56" Monarch and would recommend it.

I like my Slingshot D2's but will probably get a pair of LF Watson's next year. The support is about the same, but the LF footbed is more "cushy."
Old     (esako)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-29-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
I rode the 54" Monarch all season with the Byerly Boots. Of all the boards that I have ridden it has the most snap off the wake. The Byerly boots are sick also if you like a binding that you can really tighten down. This site has some good deals on both the boots and the board.
http://www.waterskis.com/Byerly-Monarch-Wakeboard-p/byerly_monarch.htm
http://www.waterskis.com/Byerly-Wakeboard-Boots-p/byerly%20wakeboard%20boots.htm