Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    HunterHudd            04-11-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
Anybody tried out one or both or these boards behind the boat? They are stiffer than Slingshots and Companys, so I was wondering how they compared behind the boat to a traditional stiff board and to other flex boards.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-11-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
I just got a vibe but haven't ridden it yet so I'm of no help but it looks good. haha I let you know when I get on the water.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-12-2010, 12:21 AM Reply   
I cant comment on a watson but i can tell you that the vibe in an amazing ride. I came from riding a hyperlite marek last year to the vibe this year and love it. I have been waiting for a company to make a board like this since 2004. The vibe is very rigid through the center of the board so there is no pop sacrificed. The tip and tail is where you will find the flex on the vibe which is awesome because it can be ridden like a normal board wake to wake but you can really flex it out on presses
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-12-2010, 5:49 AM Reply   
I'm riding the Watson Hybrid behind the boat this year. I've had a good 8-10 sets on it now and honestly I really dig the board... you can't really tell its a flex unless you land super tail heavy or you're pressing rails. The pop is good and pretty consistent... Its pretty fast and gets on edge super quick since the rails are really really thin.... the board releases really early off the wake since there isn't a whole lot of edge, but once you dial it in its no problem. I'm coming off an ACL reconstruction and the flex gives me a little more confidence on landings if I go a little too deep.... Coming from a standard no-flex board (Ronix 1 last year) hasn't been much of a learning curve honestly and i haven't noticed any loss of pop like some have claimed with flex boards. I feel like LF did a great job mixing flex with a lot of normal board characteristics A+.... Go demo one!
Old    HunterHudd            04-12-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the feed back, I am also comming from a Ronix One, and I have seen very good things from the marek
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
I've got a Vibe that is a lot of fun to ride. I prefer regular boards so I ride my Transcend more of the time but every now and again will break out the Vibe and its always a blast. That thing pops hard and is very surfy and fun.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2010, 11:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHudd View Post
Thanks for all the feed back, I am also comming from a Ronix One, and I have seen very good things from the marek
Whats this "demo" you speak of...u mean like from a pro-shop....hmmm i remember those things...way back when they exhisted before this whole economy went to shizzz lol
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-18-2010, 3:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
I'm riding the Watson Hybrid behind the boat this year. I've had a good 8-10 sets on it now and honestly I really dig the board... you can't really tell its a flex unless you land super tail heavy or you're pressing rails. The pop is good and pretty consistent... Its pretty fast and gets on edge super quick since the rails are really really thin.... the board releases really early off the wake since there isn't a whole lot of edge, but once you dial it in its no problem. I'm coming off an ACL reconstruction and the flex gives me a little more confidence on landings if I go a little too deep.... Coming from a standard no-flex board (Ronix 1 last year) hasn't been much of a learning curve honestly and i haven't noticed any loss of pop like some have claimed with flex boards. I feel like LF did a great job mixing flex with a lot of normal board characteristics A+.... Go demo one!
What board size do you ride? I only ride behind the boat, so you think even with the Hybrid core theres no loss in pop? Have you tried the normal 2010 Watson?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-18-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
I ride the 139 (5'9... 165lbs)... haven't been on the reg Watson... but came off of the S4 over the winter and the Ronix One last year and haven't noticed a difference in pop at all.