Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    mjeckell            09-13-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
I was wondering if any had some opinions on Moomba boats. I am looking at the Mobius LS. How are the wakes for wakeboarding with both front and rear ballasts? How much ballast is in them? Also can anyone help me in how well the boat is made. If anyone has some pics that would also be nice.

- Matt
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-13-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
Matt, Moomba are made good just like most of the manufacturers. They were started by a couple of engineers that left MC. The wakes are a little small but great for beginners. They are a great value for the money. My only quirks about them are still having the base engine carburated(MC's base ('05 engine is multiportEFI) and the seats are very low to the floor. If the boats fit in your budget better and the dealer is good they can be perfect for you. Good luck!
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-13-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
Moomba boats kick@@s........check my old one out.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have a 04 Mobius Ls and I am very happy with it. I believe the standard front and rear ballast toal 800 lbs. I add a couple sacs to total 1500 lbs and the wake is solid and steep.
I will e-mail you some pics.

Cheers
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-13-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
Sorry for got picture

boat
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
JT - What happened?
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-13-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
Sold boat was on FWY in L.A. and got rearend job by Semi going 35 MPH.......threw boat in back of my F-250. Insurance paid off the Moomba 18K and fixed truck 11K
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
If your dealer sells Moomba and Supra and you look at them side by side you'll be able to make a long list of differences. As I recall, the Moomba LS doesn't have the option of the front ballast, at least for 2004, and the rear sac is super tiny because the back seat sits so low. Still a nice boat for the money these days, depending on your budget and riding level.
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-17-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
With the Mobius LS you can get the front and rear bag setup.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-18-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Schooled, you are thinking of the Outback. The outback has a rear sac under the back seat, but the back seat raises up to make a sun deck so the bag can fill all the way. There is no option for front ballast.

The Mobius LS has always had front and rear ballast. The rear ballast is standard and the front ballast is optional. The rear ballast in a Mobius LS is actually a built in tank that makes up the entire back seat base.

McFly
Old    dliesman            09-18-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
I have an 04 Mobius LSV for sale if anyone's interested. (See classifieds). My 03 was awesome. The LS is nice if your going to ski too, if your into just wakeboarding, go with the Mobius LSV. Throws some sick wakes with 3 people and ballasts.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
Well, I've got an older Moomba Outback ('99), so as far as wakes go, I can't really compete with the newer v-drives. But, as far as quality goes, I haven't had to do anything with it. Everything is still very solid. No rattles and the drivetrain is very reliable.

The only thing I can see, and I think has been improved on the newer boats, is the interior. The big 3 have Moomba beat there. But hey, you'll save tons of cash on your Moomba though! I'd say go with it!

Question for you fellow Moomba guys (please don't think I'm robbin the thread), anyone know where I can get the Gravity Games decal for the back of the Moombas?
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
Here's mine. Pretty basic, I know. But, I still love it.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-19-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
Bro has one.When we test drove it,I went to pick it apart,but couldn't.I think it's a 99 or 2k,not sure.It's for sale.I'll try to find a pic.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-19-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
Found it!The wakeboarder graphic on the back is gone,looks better now.He's added speaks and lights to the tower.
Old    grampawakerider            09-20-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Wondering about the wake of these boats. I am going to my "local" Moomba dealer (200 miles away) on Thursday. They still have a couple 04 Mobius LSV's in stock. Can anyone compare the Mobius LSV wake with a Centurion Elite V? Either way I go I figure it to be a world of difference compared to my Bayliner. Strange thing though, I LIKE my Bayliner wake, but the boat is not roomy enough.
Old    allterr1            09-23-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
Haha!! I have same exact boat, Rich. I love mine! Not 1 problem with it since i bought it in 01.
Old    grampawakerider            09-23-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
Hey!! I saw one of those in at the dealer today. Wasn't for sale though, just in for service. The pics don't do that boat justice!! After looking at the last 04 LSV they had in stock, no need to compare to a Centurion Elite V. It was so sweeeeeeeeeeet that my wife fell in love with it the minute she saw it. I didn't want to climb out and leave. It wasn't really a Mobius, but it was an Outback LSV loaded up like a Mobius. Only thing missing was Perfect Pass. Even had the upgraded 320hp Indmar in it and the hydraulic wake plate. It was so cool, wife said to sell our Bayliner ASAP if not sooner. Even had all the options on the trailer. But you should've seen the GG Supra they have.....50k out the door for that one. And that's a quote.
Old     (kcsideways)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
On the LSV's, these options would be on my "Got to have" list:

Hydraulic wakeplate
PPass WB (of course)
3-bag ballast
Engine upgrade from carb ('05 offers a new 325hp MPI vs. the previous 320hp TBI)