Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
I have a I-phone. I'm on the Verison network.
My cell an data are Fine in and around the City. It's when I get to the lake my signal go's to almost nothing. I don't have wireless and know all about the boosters made to work with high speed internet. What I'm looking for is somthing that dosent require Internet to work. It would be nice if I could find a unit that worked on the boat or car so I could use Pandora while out on the lake or moving around. I know they have units "as seen on TV" but has any one had any personal experience with any of them.

PS I called Verison and asked them the same question and they said NO
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
Anyone tryed this??
http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Electro...signal+booster
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Im suprised at how many people I talk to that have week signal have no exp with some sort of unit that fixes this problem.

Looks like Wilson makes a few diffrent units that go' s after this problem. And I guess if you get good signal everywhere you would have no need for a unit like this
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-25-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
I would check out this site, they have a bunch of different solutions. But I don't know how well it would work on the boat since you're basically down in a hole with all the trees/hills/etc surrounding the lake.

www.3gstore.com
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-25-2012, 2:42 PM Reply   
I know this sounds silly, but do you have a major truck stop in your area, like a Love's or a Roady's? A lot of long haul truck drivers have boosters and powered external antennas in their trucks. Do you remember the old Nokia cell phone? The ones that are still on the shelf today for some reason? Those are still around because they all have an external antenna port already built in and the truck drivers love them. Anyhow, if you go to the electronic center in one of those truck stops they should be able to hook you up with a premium system. I think Call Capture or Digital Antenna made the really good ones, but don't remember. Most of these units are all under $500 and are generally a couple hundred bucks.

Now if you really want to get crazy, you get what I have at my cabin, a Cellphone Mate 2020. I had zero service at my cabin and needed emergency cell service. I think the Cellphone Mate system cost me a little over $1,200 to get installed, but everyone within 1,000 yards of me now has service, including the Forest Service District Building. I think it is just a another repeater system, but am not sure. I do know that it is dual band and pretty much all phones work on it.