Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (huevo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-26-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
Hey guys I've been reading a lot of backroll threads and the majority say to look over your lead shoulder to initiate the rotation.

Could someone please explain this part in greater detail to me??

I don't understand how looking over your shoulder in the direction you are traveling can initiate a rotation in the opposite direction.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
You ARE going to rotate over your lead shoulder in the direction you are looking. The board is going to go out and up over your lead shoulder and looking in that direction will cause your body to follow. As they say, the body will follow the head. Don't think about throwing your head down...rather keep your chest tall and think about going up and around.

Cut up and away at the peak of the wake along with turning your head back over your lead shoulder to initiate the flip. The rest should happend automatically if you keep the handle in close.