Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Hey I got to ride with Amber Wing and Barrett Perlman this weekend and they were tellin me all bout the Wakeboard Camp in Florida. It sounds so fun and wish I could go sometime. But college softball takes us a lot of time. Just wondering if anyone has been to one and if it's as fun as they say it is.

Thanks!
Jamie
Old     (emceecuen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-16-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
Where did you ride?

I went to florida for a grad present and went to the projects with Pat Panakos, then Ride the Spot with Darin Shapiro and Jon Nadalski. I went back to the projects because I had so much fun there.
Camps are really chill, but you progress really fast because there is absolutely nothing holding you back and the coaches are really helpful.
If I could go back to FL, I would definitely hit up the boarding school with Murray. He is an awesome guy and a lot of fun!!
I definitely won't forget my camp experience
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
They were here in tri-cities WA for the Maven tour. Freakin awesome by the way..but my brother lives in Ft. Lauderdale and i've been wanting to visit him for a while too. How much farther away is that from the camp??
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-16-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
The Boarding School with Travis, Murray and Kyle sounds like a lot of fun, but I have no personal experience there.

I was at O'Town about 2 months ago, and I had an awesome time. Glen is the best wakeboard coach out there. Look it up, it's worth it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
O'Town Watersports, Glen Fletcher, Brad and the other coaches and staff, the best,
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-16-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
Sean O'brien, www.orlandowake.com

Great rider, also has wakeskate instruction.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2006, 12:07 AM Reply   
www.westcoastcamps.com....and closer to home. Best in the West!!!!
Old     (emceecuen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-17-2006, 12:22 AM Reply   
Oh, man I'll bet the mavin sesh was off the hook. Those girls freakin rock.
I don't know how far. The camps I went to are in Orlando
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-17-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
My wife and I went to The Boarding School .
It was great ,the acomadations were off the hook !! the kitchen was full of good food ,tons of equipment to try out .

Sean and Travis were realy cool and helpfull . We are going back in febuary we can't wait it should be a great time.

No matter what your skill level they can help you progress to tke next level.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Agreed... Sean O'Brien is one of the coolest guys in the sport. I have never been coached by him or attented his camp, but I have hung out with him a couple times and with time permitting, I would have LOVED to go for a ride with him.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-17-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
Jamie
I teach out at the wakeboard boot camp in socal, first week of august we are having our annual girls ride week, its sponsored by maven and some lf riders will be out there for the week, not sure if its sold out but check it out should be a killer week.
www.wakeboardbootcamp.com