Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-18-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
I've got a chance to pick up a 2012 Hustle for a pretty decent price, and was hoping to get a few opinions on the board. I've heard great things about CTRL, particularly the Supreme, but don't know anyone who rides the Hustle. Anyone ride one? It'll mostly be ridden on cable (unless I love it enough to ditch by boat Ibex). Thanks guys.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
I just ordered an RX yesterday. It's the only CTRL board I've tried and it was really good for air tricks on the cable. Unfortunately the bottom on the one I tried was messed up and I couldn't tell how it was on the rails because it was sticky.
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
the hustle is sick. really awesome on rails. doesnt slide too fast or too slow on the rails. Easy to press it out yet still holds a strong edge for airtricks and soft landings off the kicker. u really wont be disappointed especially if your just riding it on the cable
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-18-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
I want a supreme! but am having a hard time finding a review, not to thread jack but could someone "sell me" on a supreme over a hustle or other ctrl board?
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-18-2012, 9:18 PM Reply   
Good luck...info on these boards still seems to be pretty hard to come by, even on here.

Nick, thanks for the report though. Have you ever noticed it stick at all on rails? Have you ridden it at all behind boat?

Last edited by sambo13; 09-18-2012 at 9:26 PM. Reason: made it better.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
I want a supreme! but am having a hard time finding a review, not to thread jack but could someone "sell me" on a supreme over a hustle or other ctrl board?
The Supreme is really nice! It's faster than most of the rest of the CTRL line, and has somewhat of a better hold for tracking, edge changing, and air tricks on the cable. Stiff for good pop and response, and still flexes some for rails. It is the board I would choose.

The Hustle rides similar, and is still fast, and seems better for boosting and hard charging type of riding.
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
you cant go wrong with any of the CTRL boards. Just decide what your looking for.. if you like having some molded fins for extreme air tricks, go with the RX. If you want a loose finless ride then get the hustle or the supreme. The supreme is thinner and more flexy. None of these boards will stick on rails at all, unless you mess with the bottom and try to epoxy it or something. the supreme is awesome finless, you can do airtricks, very good on rails, soft landings off the kicker. CTRL boards are dope. over and out
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-21-2012, 7:07 PM Reply   
I just my new RX tonight. It's pretty sticky on the ramps compared to my Motive that's slicker than snot. It's great on the air tricks.